growing up

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

pleco4ever
Forum Follower

growing up

Post by pleco4ever »

hi evrybody!
finally i find in Lausanne 5 juvenile L 46
now i wanna know:
they're 3/4 cm...how many time i have to wait for breed them?
what's the best feeding condition?
i feed them meat(bull's heart,crustacean(little lobster,we called them GAMBERETTI)chyronomus and zucchini...is it enough?
sorry for my english...
thanks
Plastic Mac
Mentally Certified!

Post by Plastic Mac »

OK I'm probably not the best person to answer this question...and hopefully someone will be able to give you more acurate advice.

I would guess the zebras will need at least another year, probably two before they will breed.

As for food...high protein and variety and I think the best rules for getting them into breeding condition.

Hope it helps

Plastic Mac
pleco4ever
Forum Follower

Post by pleco4ever »

ok...but the diet I post it's ok?
inia
Groupie

Post by inia »

You should feed them also with bloodworms and dry (flake) food. Hart is very rich in protein and should not be fed too often. From pleco pellets your zebras get vitamins. Buy only small amounts at time, cause the vitamins don't last long on dry food. -Buy high quality dry foods from special stores.
Caesars
Obsessed!!

Post by Caesars »

Bloodworm at 3 cm is a bit dangerous, they can choke on it!!! At this age I would stick with baby brine shrimp and pellets they can suck on.
marty_hk

Post by marty_hk »

I will add vitamins and folate to the blood worms. Frozen it for 48 hours to kill some of the bacteria before given to my fishes (eg. Discus, pleco large or small, tetras).

Folate is needed for all form of animals, but we do not produce it, we get it from plant matters or from fruits. Some animal get it by eating raw liver!

Marty