What size/age to sell fry?

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

alga
Groupie

What size/age to sell fry?

Post by alga »

Some other posts had stumbled on to this topic. At what size/age is it alright to sell fry? And the other question, size for local pick up and size for shipping? Just curious what experience/advice could be given. I have seen averages from 3 to 4 cm's.
alga
Groupie

Post by alga »

Anyone? I know people have feelings about this as it has shown up in other posts. What size for shipping and for local pick up?
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

Hi alga,

Rob is selling his at 15 months old. They are safe to buy/sell at that age, no question about it. But as to how young they CAN be? The younger they are the greater the risk, as they don't acclimatize very well, and the younger the more vulnerable they are, but I've seen them sell pretty young... I wouldn't risk it personally, as a buyer not the least, but I've seen them change owner at the age of 5 months and under.

I guess it would have to be up to each and everyone to decide what risks they are willing to take..

My personal opinion is not under one year old...