Just thought I would stop in and say HI again

If it's about fish in general, or it's a little bit random, then this is the place to post it.
lrry93
Obsessed!!

Just thought I would stop in and say HI again

Post by lrry93 »

Its been a long time since Ive been on this site. I ended up going through a bunch of crap in my life and sadly lost 5 Zebs in the process :cry: I have kinda not been into them as much since the loss. I still have 4 left though. Im up in the air right now if I should keep them or not. I love the zebs to death but feel bad my time is consumed in other things. What do you guys think I should do. Keep them or let them go to someone who has more time?
Adam

Post by Adam »

Hi Irry, nice to hear from you again. :D

I'm really sorry to hear that you have lost five zebras and that things haven't been going too well for you lately. :cry:

My personal advice is to hang on to them if you can possibly find the time to care for them. My thinking is that perhaps caring for them will help take your mind off other things a bit. However if your current situation is such that you just can't find the time for them then you may have no choice but to let them go. :(

I sincerely hope that things work out for you mate. :wink:

Regards.
Rob
Hypan-guru!

Post by Rob »

Hi Irry

I would agree with Adam. The chances are that you are feeling a bit down-hearted about the zebras right now, hence the lack of interest. If you sold them all now, you would probably just end up hunting for more to replace them in a few months time when you are back on top of things.

Go on... Keep them.....you knwo it makes sense!!!

rob
The perfect white lie..."Of course I didn't pay that much for the fish honey"
zebra046
Obsessed!!

Post by zebra046 »

lrry welcome back I agree with adam with this one just hang on to them if you have other fish maybe you can get rid of them and just concentrate on the five fish that would make it a easier on you if I rememer if correctly you have a large tank myabe transfering the fish to a 40 gallon so that you can see them it is not only bad to pay for such expensive fish the worst is you can't even find them in the tank, easier to do a head check when you get home. Good Luck
lrry93
Obsessed!!

Post by lrry93 »

I think Im going to take your guys advice and keep them. I moved them into a 30 gallon with some Apisitoramma cichlids. Hopeflly I have better luck with the remaining ones. Thanks for the replies and I plan on hanging around more on the site. It doesnt seem that active anymore. What happened?
Adam

Post by Adam »

Hi Irry,

I'm glad to hear that you will be hanging onto your remaining zebras, you will not regret it mate. :D My advice would be to give them a tank of their own if you possibly can. It does make for a rather boring tank but at least the zebras will not be out competed for food and or territory. Also the tank should be "low maintenance" without the other occupants which will help if you are finding it difficult to find the time. I agree with Zebra046 and Rob, get rid of other fish if you have to and keep the zebras because if you sell them now you will almost certainly be looking for some more in the future.

Above all enjoy your zebras for the beautiful and rare fish that they are. :wink:

I look forward to seeing more of you on the forum. :lol: You're right it has been rather quiet on the forum of late, it's probably just down to the holiday period.

Regards.

Adam