NASTY COMMENT MADE BY SOME1 SELLING ZEBRAS

If it's about fish in general, or it's a little bit random, then this is the place to post it.
smithrc

Post by smithrc »

Just my 2p worth...

I Like the guy... I've spent hours talking to him... (and I mean hours).. It all comes down to differing opinions... some (on here) advise smaller tanks, He (as mentioned) has 40+ in a 6x2x2 community tank. Yet still he has had success breeding.

I had a conversation about this very subject with him and from what he said He has clashed with some people on here as he disagreed with what was being said... (I cant remember the details)

For those worried about the zebras, He has spent approx 4 years building up his group to ensure diversity etc. He has spent a LOT of money on the species, how this can be bad is a question I cant answer.

He has been refered to as a breeder - only in as much that I am a breeder - I have a tank with fish in it that breed. - The tank is in his living room for enjoyment - its not a production line.

He does sell in groups... Ours only had to travel 20 mins to ours.

I'm very happy to of made his aquantence and dont really think other people should be getting dragged into a slagging match when no-one knows all the facts...

I move to have the thread closed as I cant see any good coming from it. :roll:
Click For Our Plecs
[url=http://www.smithrc.f2s.com/gallery/plecs][img]http://www.smithrc.f2s.com/assorted/PlecSig_sm.jpg[/img][/url]
Rob
Hypan-guru!

Post by Rob »

Hi SmithRC, thank you for your contributions.

I will close the thread as the content is no longer beneficial to the site. The reason the thread was left open was to enable the individual to post their side of the story. I previously sent an e-mail to the indiviual in question asking if he could highlight why he thought the site gave out bad advice. The reasoning behind this that I am very aware that I want the site to be a "valuable and accurate" resource, therefore if there are problems with it I would prefer to know.

If the individual in question is still interested in expalining why he disagrees with the advice on the site I am more than willing to listen.
Please pass on my e-mail address to him.

thank you

Topic Closed.
The perfect white lie..."Of course I didn't pay that much for the fish honey"