Need Caves? ( thread2)

If you are a private seller, then why not give this a shot? It's free and might even have some of those zebra thingies! You can also post requests for exchanging or loaning fish. Please refrain from posting opinions or irrelevancies in this section.

Zebrapleco.com can not take ANY responsibility for items advertised or sold in this section as they are free classifieds. Members not following the Forum Rules however will have their Posts deleted.

LyreTail
Obsessed!!

Need Caves? ( thread2)

Post by LyreTail »

The other thread is getting really long, so I started this new one
here is the link to the first thread
http://www.zebrapleco.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=862

I can't seem to get the pictures to work anymore. Perhaps they violate a size requirement. I will just post the links to them

http://groups.msn.com/LyreTailsAquarium ... hotoID=711

Above picture is a 3 cave pleco bunker that I designed for a member on this site. The top triangular cave has a removable top and the entire roof of the lower caves is also removable so you are able to access each of the three caves. I think I will offer this tripple cave for $60 ( removable top) and $45 for Non RT) . The center hole on the bottom is a through tunnel with the dimensions of 2.5 x 2.5 cm. All 3 other openings are 2.5 cm tall and 3.5 cm wide. Outside dimensions are about 15 x15 cm ( 6" x 6" ) Overall height is just under 3 inches or 7 cm. ( porches and ramp are not included in measurements)

Below picture is my Standard removable top caves
http://www.msnusers.com/LyreTailsAquari ... hotoID=667

This is a great picture of one I donated - the picture is really good and shows how I detail them
http://www.msnusers.com/LyreTailsAquari ... hotoID=662

I also have a limited supply of ultra thin slate caves with non removable tops. I saved some slate scraps that split away from the thicker caves and then put them together as new caves. Some people have requested thin caves. I can show you pictures of what I have available in the thin version, upon request. These are only available occasionally, but I have several made right now.
Last edited by LyreTail on Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
ZEBRAHUNTER
Groupie

Post by ZEBRAHUNTER »

how much would it cost for 2 or 3 of your standard caves please including the shipping, or is there any1 else out there that makes cave as i have just received my 1st 2 zebs :D :D :D :D
LyreTail
Obsessed!!

Post by LyreTail »

Each Zebra cave with removable top = $20

weight = 1.75 lbs each - shipping to UK for 3.5 lbs ( 2 caves) =$28 or ( 1 more cave only adds $4 more dollars )

website for currency conversions
http://www.xe.com/ucc/

website used for shipping calculations
http://ircalc.usps.gov/default.asp?Mode ... &CID=10150
Last edited by LyreTail on Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
LyreTail
Obsessed!!

Post by LyreTail »

Now that the Holidays are over, I will reduce the prices back down. :D

Non removable top zebra caves at $10 USD each
and my removable top zebra caves at $15 each

Happy 2006 everyone! :D
Last edited by LyreTail on Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
zebrastorey
Obsessed!!

Post by zebrastorey »

hi lyretail i just got my caves today and they are EXCELLENT :D my plecs think they are the muts nuts i will be posting pics soon thanks again
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Wow, the caves are beautiful. I'm going to need to order a few.
hamish99
Obsessed!!

Post by hamish99 »

how much was the shipping to the UK zebrastorey?
andrewcoxon
Mentally Certified!

Post by andrewcoxon »

i would also be interested in knowing how much shipping is on these to the uk. i could use 2 or 3 of these...
zebrastorey
Obsessed!!

Post by zebrastorey »

i paid £52.20 for my five caves and shipping
and they really are fantastic :D :D :D
snr69
Obsessed!!

Post by snr69 »

I just paid £0.01 for 15 slate floor tiles on ebay...

What's the best way to cut them ? Grinding disc ?
19wiggles86
Groupie

Post by 19wiggles86 »

Hi guys,

Just got some caves off lyretail. They are fantastic with a very high quality standard of workmanship. If you're thinking of investing in some, I'd recommend him.
LyreTail
Obsessed!!

Post by LyreTail »

snr62 - I am not sure $.01 is a good deal once you pay for shipping as they weigh a lot.
You cut them using diamond wet saw and grind them using diamond grit embedded bits. The more you can cut wet, the less dust and longer your tools will last.

The biggest problem I have is flattening the tiles. If you want tight seams and especially removable lids, then tight seams are very important. After searching everywhere, I think I will have to build my own wet grinding machine just for this application. Might be an interesting project.

The problem I am having right now is that too many people are ordering caves and I can not keep up on these orders.
snr69
Obsessed!!

Post by snr69 »

OK --- thanks. I'll have a go wet cutting and see how I get on.

I guess it's good news that so many people are ordering these from you, I've look at the photo's and they do look great, I especially like the multi storey versions...

Thanks for the advise

Simon :-)
LyreTail
Obsessed!!

Post by LyreTail »

I have got a lot of emails in the past few days and I am a bit confused about which ones I have received and those which I have answered. So please forgive me, if I forgot to respond to yours.

I am also rather behind on cave making, so if you want your caves right now, I would suggest you try another maker of caves. I have a dozen caves almost completed from working on them today. My local store ran out of slate and I had to find another source. Yesterday I finally found 50 more tiles ( 10 tiles makes 8 std caves)

It all depends on what type of overtime I am required to work next weekend as to how much time I have to catch up with future orders. I have this weeks orders nearly covered
LyreTail
Obsessed!!

Post by LyreTail »

Those last dozen caves were shipped and 25 more caves that have nobody attached to them are about halfway done. I figured I would take this lull in the orders to catch up a little before I have to work more Overtime at my real job