Male or Female?

We all know how difficult it is to identify the sex of these fish, so please post a picture in here and we'll try to help you (or at least give an educated guess!).
aquaticus
Forum Follower

Male or Female?

Post by aquaticus »

Hi, i cant post the image here. Can someone help me post? It is in my gallery.

Can help me see they are male or female? Thanks
aquaticus
Forum Follower

Post by aquaticus »

Can someone help me to see? thanks[/img]
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

here's one of the pictures. Could look like a female and a male, but the pictures are rather dark, and the container is forcing them to bend their bodies, so it might not be the easiest thing to sex them.

I'm sure somebody else will havea go at guessing too though :) Good luck!
aquaticus
Forum Follower

Post by aquaticus »

Thanks. So which one is the male? :D
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

If it is a male and a female then the male is 6 o'clock. But don't take my word for it, I've been wrong before! :)
Plastic Mac
Mentally Certified!

Post by Plastic Mac »

I assumed the same thing :D ...the body shape of the top one looks more female than the one below...but your right clearer pictures would help tremendously.
aquaticus
Forum Follower

Post by aquaticus »

Thanks everyone.. well, i can't get them to have another photo session unless i go and mess up their caves again. :P ..

Sorry for the blurred pics.. it was done using my phone camera..

I do have other photos in my gallery, perhaps someone can help me to post it out and maybe you guys can do a better comparison at different angles. :D
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

I noticed that you can't post a picture from the gallery directly in the thread, using the img-tag.

But, what you can do is to open the picture in the gallery, then copy the link, and use the URL-tag instead.

Like this:

http://www.zebrapleco.com/forum/album_pic.php?pic_id=35

Hope this helps :)
fishboy
Groupie

Post by fishboy »

The reason we can't sex these is because the photos are a little dark. Get new photos of each fish, top and side views.
aquaticus
Forum Follower

Post by aquaticus »

Assuming like what McEve had said, the male is facing 6 o' clock..

The 'male' has a cave on it's own and like wise for the 'female'. Right now, the 'female' is outside the 'male' cave and occasionally inside cave. I have increased the temperature till 28 degree celcius.

Do you all think they are getting into breeding mood?
Plastic Mac
Mentally Certified!

Post by Plastic Mac »

aquaticus wrote:Assuming like what McEve had said, the male is facing 6 o' clock..

The 'male' has a cave on it's own and like wise for the 'female'. Right now, the 'female' is outside the 'male' cave and occasionally inside cave. I have increased the temperature till 28 degree celcius.

They certainly could be but considering I haven't even got that far yet then I'd wait for a 'higher authority' on the subject for actual confirmation that that is what they are doing. :D
aquaticus
Forum Follower

Post by aquaticus »

Plastic Mac wrote:
aquaticus wrote:Assuming like what McEve had said, the male is facing 6 o' clock..

They certainly could be but considering I haven't even got that far yet then I'd wait for a 'higher authority' on the subject for actual confirmation that that is what they are doing. :D
Hahaha..
ok.. awaiting for their reply.

By the way, i did saw a cluster of thing on the inner wall of the cave. Just wondering how small are their eggs? I could'nt see really very clearly what it was.
Plastic Mac
Mentally Certified!

Post by Plastic Mac »

:D well that certainly sounds promising and good luck rearing them if you are right! :D 8)
aquaticus
Forum Follower

Post by aquaticus »

I do hope so.. Been waiting for this day .. :lol: