After 1 inch!?

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

Shimmy
Groupie

After 1 inch!?

Post by Shimmy »

I have recently been blessed with my first spawning of my zebras and I am into the 10-12 weeks old stage. Now I have a dilema as to where to put them next? What is the general opinion in terms of new, tank, parent tank or slightly larger growing on tank. Also I have heard that to strengthen the fish it is better to begin to increase the GH of the water to help string bone strcuture and development. I have experimented at the moment with two fry back in the main tank, two still in the spawn tank and two in a planted 80 litre tank, thought best to loose some of the first spawn to hopefully retain as many as possible from future spawns?
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

Personally I believe in leaving them with the parents. I've noticed the fry left with the parents grow much better than the ones taken out.

Besides, it can be very hard on the fry to move tank. If you want to keep them away from the parents a fry trap in the same tank should be a better option.

This is just my opinion though :)