my first spawn!

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

Tariq
Obsessed!!

my first spawn!

Post by Tariq »

Hi everyone,
it's been a long time ago,i was very busy.
well i wanted to say that i finally got my first spawn that i found last week i think they were already 4 weeks old when i found them i put 3 in a breedertrap 2 died and the last one i put back in the tank but i really can't find them are they really that good at hiding or might he have died becuase of stress or not enough food.
and another interresting fact is that when i found them the powerhead was going very weak and not at full power. plus i didnt really take care of the tank for a long time only feeding not even every day and just a few times of waterchange.
when i found the babies the same day put in a new powerhead (1000l/h) and the babys blew through the tank thats why i put them in a breeder and then they died.and the one thAT I PUT BACK IN TO THE TANK WAS PRETY STRONG As HE STRAIGH AWAY WENT FOR COVER,becuase of the strong current.
well now i am taking good care again of the tank,but i think if i would just leave it alone i would have more chance of succeeding.
take care
- 10Xadult L-46(4males, 6females)+fry
- 10Xyoung L-46(4-5 cm)
- 5Xyoung L-46(3,5 cm)
-22XDiscus(7breedingpairs)
-1xl260
-20Xcorysterbai
Rob
Hypan-guru!

Post by Rob »

Hi Tariq

First of all congrats on your first spanw, and secondly sorry they didn't do too well. The fact that any hatched with a first spawn is in itself a good achievement, so nice one!!!

The chances are, if the fry got blown about the tank, then thery were already on their way out. If there was a lull in tank maintence this could be attributed to the substrate being dirty.

Keep up the mainetnance, and I'm sure it will start all over again.

Anyway, you've got them going now, thats the hardest part over!!!!

rob
The perfect white lie..."Of course I didn't pay that much for the fish honey"
Tariq
Obsessed!!

Post by Tariq »

thanx rob, i will do better my best in the future.
thanx :)
- 10Xadult L-46(4males, 6females)+fry
- 10Xyoung L-46(4-5 cm)
- 5Xyoung L-46(3,5 cm)
-22XDiscus(7breedingpairs)
-1xl260
-20Xcorysterbai