Corydoras Sterbai

If you've got a breeding project on at the moment, (preferably fish related), let us know and you might even get added to the spawn list..whe....hey!

Rob
Hypan-guru!

Corydoras Sterbai

Post by Rob »

This one's on behalf of Sid, who has sent me a couple of photo's of his 4 day old sterbai.

Apparently they are breeding like the end is nigh!

Rumour has it, it's all to do with the Barry White he plays in the backgound, and the dimmed lights :lol: :lol: !!!!
Dr. P
Mentally Certified!

Post by Dr. P »

Quality! Congrats Sid. Sterbai have to be one of my favorite Corydoras.
Sword Pies. As Good as it Gets - Guaranteed!! [img]http://www.refreshdesign.co.uk/dale/scotsmile2.gif[/img]
sid
Obsessed!!

Post by sid »

Cheers Rob.................I owe you one.
Tank conditions for the adults.............temp 83............ph dunno...........2 foot tank.........11 adults ,spawn every 12 -14 days on the glass.
You notice the snail in the hatching container,saves the eggs from getting dirty...............cleans em ,but dot eat them ,I use this method on my killi ,rams,and rainbow eggs,plus its a good form of infusoria for the fry................maybe work on Zebra eggs ,if you hatch them away from the parents
sid...........perfection dont come easy ,but i get by
DANthirty
Obsessed!!

Post by DANthirty »

Have you any other fish in the tank , as i have 10 sterbai in my comminuty tank and would love them to spawn but havent seen any sighns yet!
sid
Obsessed!!

Post by sid »

Like you Dan,I had mine in a community tank ,then I just put them in a tank on thier own ,and BINGO............came out one morning ,eggs on the glass.Tank is bb.........with a simple sponge filter ,with a fair amount of air going through it .
They more or less spawn after a 50% cool water change,and I throw in a cube of frozen bloodworm....easy
Tristan
Obsessed!!

Re: Corydoras Sterbai

Post by Tristan »

[quote="Rob"]
Apparently they are breeding like the end is nigh!
[quote]

Perhaps they know something we don't :shock:

Or maybe they are just having fun :twisted:
L046, L033, L117, L200, L027, L014, Discus, & malawis
DasArab
Obsessed!!

Post by DasArab »

Excellent man!!!!! What kind of snails you useing? I could use some snails for my Fry tanks too.
sid
Obsessed!!

Post by sid »

Hi Ewee
Dunno what kind they are ,red uns ,a killi fish friend of mine sent em up2 me...............if you make it across anytime i will give you a couple ,they breed like mad
Des
Mentally Certified!

Post by Des »

Talking about Sterbai's, I bought some Corys labelled up as Albino Sterbai's 3 mths ago, still to young to breed . They were the first I have seen if they prove to be true. Look like normal Albino Corys but with more colour in the leading pectoral fin. No pictures at the moment but will try to post some soon.

Des :lol:
Adam

Post by Adam »

I saw some of these a while back, essentially the same as an albino cory but as Des said the first ray in the pec fin is yellow/orange. I haven't seen any more since. You might be on to little earner Des if you can breed them as they appear to be scarce. Let us know how you get on with them. :D
sid
Obsessed!!

Post by sid »

Sounds like the real deal to me.............with the colour in the pec fin ...........you can see them on either planet cat fish ,or scotcat.com .....good luck and get em breeding 8)
Des
Mentally Certified!

Post by Des »

Thanks guys ,

Thats another challenge. !!!!! But dont have enough breeding tanks. At the moment they are in a community tank and still have a little growing to do.
However if and when they breed , first refusal goes to the members here.

By the way ,does any one keep any Red pencilfish (mortenhaleri). That is my next challenge . Have 1 male and 2 females . They seem to be a little delicate but are soon as hardy as the others after an acclimatising period.See below for picture found on the net.
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/vie ... 474861#top

Regards,
Des :lol:
DasArab
Obsessed!!

Post by DasArab »

sid wrote:Hi Ewee
Dunno what kind they are ,red uns ,a killi fish friend of mine sent em up2 me...............if you make it across anytime i will give you a couple ,they breed like mad
Cool, maybe me and the Doc could have a run down sometime, any good LFS's to make it a worth while trip?
Dr. P
Mentally Certified!

Post by Dr. P »

Ewee. I would love the road trip down to see Sid....but if it's just for snails then I wouldn't worry too much... I have them "red uns" in my Zebra tank......and you know....the only way I could have got them was the eheim filter media that you gave me.

Open up yer Eheim next time you get the chance and you may find a little surprise (or 4 million) :wink:
Sword Pies. As Good as it Gets - Guaranteed!! [img]http://www.refreshdesign.co.uk/dale/scotsmile2.gif[/img]
DasArab
Obsessed!!

Post by DasArab »

AW F**K. Forgot about that. Well remebered man. I forgot id a wee snail farm growing in there man. DOH!!