Male to old

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

Shell231
Mentally Certified!

Male to old

Post by Shell231 »

Can you ever have a male that is just to old for the female i.e and male that is 5/6 and a 2.5 year old female?
NeoCult
Mentally Certified!

Post by NeoCult »

Nah i doubt hes too old, he will love the younger woman lol :P
Shell231
Mentally Certified!

Post by Shell231 »

I collected 2 zebs yesterday , in the male and female section i got 1 and 4 lol they are so tiny compared with my male! :D
NeoCult
Mentally Certified!

Post by NeoCult »

lol nice one, got my one today also, think its female but dont really know :P
Shell231
Mentally Certified!

Post by Shell231 »

Where did u buy that one from? the guy in west sussex? on ebay. I your one fairly big?
NeoCult
Mentally Certified!

Post by NeoCult »

Nah i traded Hamish on here hes from inverness so we met both way 80 miles each, she's settled really well, i didnt take any pics as she wasnt happy at all so just got her in as fast as i could and tried not to stress her anymore
Shell231
Mentally Certified!

Post by Shell231 »

Mine settled in really well, i have the male hanging out of his cave alday, when normally he only comes out for about 2 hours to fed!!

He was chasing them away from the cave when 1 was trying to get in, i watch the whole lot quite entertaining.

Is this like foreplay or does it mean the other is a male and he is forcing him of his patch?
Adam

Post by Adam »

With regards to male zebras being too old to breed I think that a 5/6 year old male will still be in its prime. This topic has been discussed before and it would appear that males of 14 years are still capable of breeding.

Here's the link: http://www.zebrapleco.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=805

It's nice to see you guys getting so much pleasure from your zebras, hope the new purchases settle in ok.

Adam