Hello from South Dakota

Hmmm...what else can I say!
Spunky
Forum Follower

Hello from South Dakota

Post by Spunky »

Hi everyone! You have an awesome site here! I think I have been reading posts for a more than 4 hours over the past 2 days. It is amazing how much information can be put all together.

I am relatively new to fish keeping (almost 3 years) and have been a zebby lover from the beginning. I had an opportunity to get a few zebbies when I first got started, but the price ($60) scared me, I knew for sure I would kill them. Now I just want to kick myself, but in the end I know I did the right thing (I was living in dorms at the time, and the fish got packed up and moved every semester.) After a couple of years I got interested in the breeding aspect of fish keeping and coupled off my fish. Although cichlids are nothing near what breeding zebs take, I now feel I will not kill them from inexperience. And the breeding… well that is were this site comes in handy. :) Oh course, I first have to get my hands on some, give them a year or two to grow up….

I have been reading up on their habitat and plan on having their tank in move in condition so that the next time I see a zebra I can snatch it without a worry. Currently I am waiting for a phone call from one of our LFSs to let me know if his contact still is selling zebras…and what price they are at. Last he looked this guy was selling them at $75 each. Oh how I am praying that I can still get them at that price!!! But I think I am being a little to hopeful. For now I will just watch my L66 and pretend he has black and white stripes.

Thanks for all the help you have been, and all I know you will be!!
Lizzie
Des
Mentally Certified!

Post by Des »

Hi Spunky,

Wellcome to the forum.
Hope you will be sucessful in getting some Zebras and we will try and help you getting them to breed.

Regards,
Des.
Adam

Post by Adam »

Hi Lizzie and welcome to the forum. :D

I'm glad to hear that you have found the forum helpful, there is a lot of useful information to be had here.

Good luck with your search for zebras.

Adam.
Rob
Hypan-guru!

Post by Rob »

Hi Lizzie

Glad you like the forum, and happy that it has already been of use to you.

Good luck infinding some zebs, and when you do, we will all be here cheering you on!!!!

rob
The perfect white lie..."Of course I didn't pay that much for the fish honey"
jerms55555
Obsessed!!

Post by jerms55555 »

Spunky
Forum Follower

Post by Spunky »

ahhh!!!! I want to bid, but if i can get them at a low price without paying shipping, i would feel really stupid paying so much more. :x Well, he says he has a big colony, hopefully if it all does not work out right now, there will be more opertunities later...
LyreTail
Obsessed!!

Post by LyreTail »

No such thing as cheep zebras - If they are $75 grab mortgage the house, buy every one you can and sell them on Aquabid.
Spunky
Forum Follower

Post by Spunky »

good thinking... anyone know of a place with great rates around south dakota?!? :lol: