L236 and L333

If you are a private seller, then why not give this a shot? It's free and might even have some of those zebra thingies! You can also post requests for exchanging or loaning fish. Please refrain from posting opinions or irrelevancies in this section.

Zebrapleco.com can not take ANY responsibility for items advertised or sold in this section as they are free classifieds. Members not following the Forum Rules however will have their Posts deleted.

Jenny
Obsessed!!

L236 and L333

Post by Jenny »

www.shirleyaquatics.co.uk say they have L236 and L333 for sale - to me the photos look the same fish and the predominant colour isn't white enough for me.

What do you guys think?
smithrc

Post by smithrc »

our lfs has both (the 333's look great - the 236's are what came in instead of the 173's.

Just wondering - whats the interest in the 236's? :oops:

P.S. cant find the 333's or 236's on their site.
(although their 'king tiger' picture looks more like a 333.)

[edit] got my 5's and 6s mixed
Click For Our Plecs
[url=http://www.smithrc.f2s.com/gallery/plecs][img]http://www.smithrc.f2s.com/assorted/PlecSig_sm.jpg[/img][/url]
Kev
Groupie

Post by Kev »

that's not the best pic of a 236 they could have posted. Seahorse is right that pic look's like a 333. Ive got my L236 collection up to 9 now!!!!they are quite happy beating eachother up :evil: .

Kev
Im off to the Xingu put my dinner in the oven!!!
jerms55555
Obsessed!!

Post by jerms55555 »

Those aren't very good pictures!! They all look alike to me, just the color seems to be off a little...But I was told that the L333 has a stumpier body and does not have a forked tail??? Those look like they do have a forked tail?? Maybe you should go inside and take a pic or have them send you a side pic......
smithrc

Post by smithrc »

found the pictures now :oops:

I was looking under tropical and South American Catfish...
not the plec bit.
Click For Our Plecs
[url=http://www.smithrc.f2s.com/gallery/plecs][img]http://www.smithrc.f2s.com/assorted/PlecSig_sm.jpg[/img][/url]
Jenny
Obsessed!!

Post by Jenny »

I would like an L236 that looks like this!!!

Wouldn't you??
Jenny
Obsessed!!

Post by Jenny »

Should I have posted this picture, copyright and all that, please let me know, I wouldn't want to get the site in trouble.

Thanks

Jenny
Kev
Groupie

Post by Kev »

any Hypancistrus as good as that will go to Japan, belive me!! wen i was in brazil with an exporter so many of the best fish he told us he get's so much more from Japan for them.

Kev
jerms55555
Obsessed!!

Post by jerms55555 »

I think thats true Kev, because I've stumbled on a few Japan websites with some great looking pleco!!!!! Just like that pic.....Im like WTF???? How come I can't some of those!!!!
Adam

Post by Adam »

Give it up guys the chance of finding an L236 like the one in Datz is pretty slim. There's no way of knowing under what conditions that photograph was taken and if it was "enhanced" in any way.

A bit off topic but when I used to keep koi I had the chance to see one of the all Japan show winners in the flesh, it had been imported to the UK for sale. The colours were no where as intense as in the photos I had seen in magazines of the same fish. It was not stressed from shipping as it had already been in the Uk for about a month when I saw it and it was happily swimming around with it's chums in a 15,000 gal pond and was hand feeding. Either the fish was extremely photogenic or someone had been busy with their copy of PS.
Kev
Groupie

Post by Kev »

now all my L236 have settled down, i have some weird paturned fish :? . Im moving them all into a breeding tank in a few week's, wheni get some Lizard's :D :D :D :D . So i'll set up a Photo tank and take some pic's and post them in a new thread as i think this one is gettin streached. There's one which i think is the closest im ever gona get to an L250/L236 or wotever they are. it's cos the Rio Iriri is a continuation of the Rio Xingu i think all the Hypancistrus from these river's are so messed up (Paturn wise). I think we will be discussing this matter for year's and year's, in old folk's home's :D :D .

Kev
Adam

Post by Adam »

Hi Kev,

Got any pictures of your new batch of L236? It would be interesting to see the pattern variation you mention.

Adam
Kev
Groupie

Post by Kev »

not yet mate, i will soon. im gona get i 10"x8"x8" tank and paint it black, so i have a photo tank :D . Looking at it last nite and then back at the L250 pic on this thread, i pretty sure it's not a L250 :( , but on the other hand it's a lot more striking than the other's, really white not dirty white :?: oh i dont know like i said before they are all so messed up who know's anymore?????????