Max tank size

Pretty much explains itself really. If you have questions about tank set-ups, tank furniture, (caves etc) chuck them in here!

nesolb
Obsessed!!

Max tank size

Post by nesolb »

Hi everyone,

What's the max tank size you lot are using to house your zebra's?

I've got a 5ft 400L I was thing of using but will this be too big.

Cheers

Damian
Adam

Post by Adam »

Hi nesolb,

There is no hard and fast rule when it comes to the maximum sized tank that is suitable for zebras. Tanks between 160L to 200L seem to be fairly popular here. I guess the old rule that a larger body of water provides a more stable environment would apply equally well to zebras. People have had success with them in tanks across pretty much the whole size range, bar very small tanks of course. I would say that a 5 foot tank would be ideal for a fairly large colony of zebras, something around the 15 plus mark. There was a chap around here who had a lot of success with a group of 33 zebras in a six footer if I remember correctly. IMO it's not so much the depth of the tank that is important but rather the amount of "floor space". Someone here suggested a figure of zebras per square foot of floor space or something similar a while back, I can't seem to find the thread though.

I hope this helps.

Adam
nesolb
Obsessed!!

Post by nesolb »

Cheers Adam.

I was contemplating getting a smaller tank if that was preferable but I can easily adapt the 5ft one to cater for the zebra's.

Damian