Another L66/333 ID

You can post piccies of your fishies here!
valhallan
Groupie

Another L66/333 ID

Post by valhallan »

I picked this guy up from the LFS labelled as L66. I'm not sure he is. The body looks a little too squat and none of the L66s I've had in the past have been this goldish colour. I could definitely be wrong though.

I'm leaning toward L333, but am definitely open to suggestions. I would have bought a few, but unfortunately he was the only one they had.

Val
Tom Kvitnes
Groupie

Post by Tom Kvitnes »

I would say most definatly L-066.

L-333 has a completly different bodyshape and tale.

Regards

Tom
Barbie

Post by Barbie »

One of the deciding factors someone was quoting for telling the difference in PC was the golden eyes. Other than that, they are supposed to be very similar, with the L333 showing more gold. I'd say it's probably an L333 but to be honest, I'm so confused with all this right now even I don't trust what I think ;). BTW, I think MY L333 are actually L318 now ;).

Barbie
[url=http://www.plecos.com][img]http://plecos.com/plecosbanner.gif[/img][/url]
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

My L333's look like this:

Sven T.
Groupie

Post by Sven T. »

Hi Val,

i think your pleco is a L66. Some Dealers sell nice individuums like this as L66 "gold" , but i am not a friend of such additions to the number.

Sven
husky_jim
Obsessed!!

Post by husky_jim »

Four months ago i saw a large group of L-333 that were imported from Germany (Glasser) and the fish were identical to yours and they were at maximum size! (15cm).
Last month i saw a group of L-66 but they were more white coloured than your fish.
IMO it is an L-333.What is it's size?
[b]Jim[/b]
[url=http://www.aquazone.gr][img]http://www.piranha-fury.com/pfury/uploads/1129493122/tn_gallery_1075_67_7031.jpg[/img][/url]
Tom Kvitnes
Groupie

Post by Tom Kvitnes »

I have 3 L-066 around 7 cm, when i bought them i altso saw the parents and another breeding couple.
The breeder and seller is a very well known and trusted person in the catfish community here in norway, so mine are definatly L-066. And they look exactly the same as yours valhallan, same colour and same pattern.

The same person altso had about thirty L-333 between 6-10 cm, and they all have a differnt colour, body and pattern from the L-066.
The L-333 is mutch darker and "clear" in colors, has thinner white pattern and a shorter more stump head like the pic McEve posted.

Its no doubt in my mind that this is an L-066, i will try to take some pics of mine to show you.

Regards

Tom
valhallan
Groupie

Post by valhallan »

Thanks for all the input :) I still don't entirely know what to make of it, as there seems to be ample evidence for both sides. Since my original post I've seen (fairly) definitive examples of both L66 and L333 that are extremely similar to this guy. At the very least I won't be trying to breed him with anything that doesn't look the same.

Tom: some pics are definitely welcome. I'd like to know what kind of variation I can expect in this colour form so that I can hopefully find him some mates.

Val
Kev
Groupie

Post by Kev »

i'd say it's a L66 for sure, i have 10 L333's and as other people have said the body shape is not the same. it's a very good one tho :D

Kev
Im off to the Xingu put my dinner in the oven!!!