Who ate all the pies?

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

Mindy
Mentally Certified!

Who ate all the pies?

Post by Mindy »

OK... so I'm happy they have a good appetite, that's a good thing, right? But look at this one!! :shock: I can't remember what I'd fed the night before but I do know there was no leftovers. I wonder why! :roll: Should I worry about this or is it just a happy zebra who likes its food? There are a couple with round bellies like this. The picture shows one of the smaller fishes, but there is one that I'm fairly sure is an adult female and she's always pretty plump too, though strangely, I never see her out feeding with the others. She always sticks in a cave when I'm around. I guess she's more shy.
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

Hi Mindy!

he looks very uhmmm happy! :lol: I have a couple that looks like that, so I wouldn't worry about it. Some eat more than others, and as long as they look healthy and have no trouble swimming or act weird, then they're fine.

I belive Adam has one with a pot belly like that too :D
Adam

Post by Adam »

Hi Mindy,

McEve is right I too have a pot bellied zebra. :D

I wouldn't worry about the zebra, I have a few males that look pretty similar. One is particularly fat, it looks as though this may be a sign that the fish is in breeding condition. It may well be that the males build up a good level of body fat in preparation for their long fast while they are caring for the eggs/fry.

Here's a picture of my fat male, I was even starting to think he was a female because he was so fat but then the guys here put me straight.

Mindy
Mentally Certified!

Post by Mindy »

Don't use words like "maybe it's breeding condition" when talking about my fish or you'll have me in frenzy of excitement and anticipation! :lol: Saying that, I have seen a couple of fish that seem to be hanging about the same cave and one will even try to get in with the other one. Though I am not sure what their sexes are. I just stay calm and let them do their thing. Don't want to try and second guess them too much. Could be a male trying to boot out another male, could be two females, who knows. I know that no one seems to bother the big fat female I have though. She's always in a cave on her own. C'mon guys, don't you know a good thing when you see it?? :roll: