How many Zebras do you own?

If it's about fish in general, or it's a little bit random, then this is the place to post it.
Barbie

Post by Barbie »

Yes, the scarlet pleco females would have been preparing for the rainy season. The water spreads out and slows down a little rather than being so tightly channelled. It gives them more spawning sites and sources of food for fry and what not. I've always thought it was an ingenious method for survival. I would give a couple body parts to get to collect in that river, just to put everything back!

Then again, who am I kidding, I'd end up camping by it and refuse to leave :p.

Barbie
[url=http://www.plecos.com][img]http://plecos.com/plecosbanner.gif[/img][/url]
Tristan
Obsessed!!

Post by Tristan »

I am seriously thinking of getting a party together and going out there in six months time, yellow fever and malaria innoculations all round then. I will be doing some research once work has stopped flowing in!
L046, L033, L117, L200, L027, L014, Discus, & malawis
Tristan
Obsessed!!

Post by Tristan »

BTW guys did i say that he measured the water temp out there during the dry season and it has varied between 32 & 34 degrees, quite a bit higher than I had them at - :!:
L046, L033, L117, L200, L027, L014, Discus, & malawis
Ed_R
Obsessed!!

Post by Ed_R »

Even 8 feet down it's that hot?

I think someone should put up a biorhythmic chart for the biootope. IT can't be 90+ degrees f at a depth of 8 feet, so the depth has to be considerably shallower during the dry season. WHat depth IS it during the dry season? How long does it STAY dry? ANd what's the fishes' beahvior during the dry season?
Des
Mentally Certified!

Post by Des »

Hi Tristan,

That is truly dedication. That is even further than my trip to Dorset from London, to pick up up some Altum angels and Zebras ( but the zebras werent too healthy).
Zebras have always been thought to be omnivorous, but I cant figure out how insects, mosquito larvae etc can settle on the bottom of such fast flowing rivers for these fish to take a nibble. Anyone have any ideas ?
I too would like to pick Niel's brain. Why dont you get him to join the forum. It wont cost him a penny !!!!!. And we could all learn a thing or two.

Regards,
Des.
hamish99
Obsessed!!

Post by hamish99 »

i went from inverness to birmingham, around 950miles round trip in 1 da, i must be nuts.
Adam

Post by Adam »

Well done for managing to get hold of some more zebras Tristan. If I could find some decent sized/priced ones I would pretty much travel anywhere in the UK to collect. The most I've done to date in my quest for zebras is about 100 miles, that's around the corner compared to what some of the guys here have travelled.

Some first hand information of the zebras natural habitat would be invaluable, it would help to dispell some myths. No pressure but you MUST get a copy of that video or get Neil on the forum. :wink:
az1
Groupie

Post by az1 »

Hi Folks

I am in Aust and have 8 zeb's. Have had them for nearly 2 years but still haven't done anything. Reading your individual successes makes me very envious :(

That Pier Aquatics is articled on planet catfish

http://www.planetcatfish.com/shanesworld/s_c_169.php

looks like a really good set up :o

In the article there are some contact numbers, maybe one of you local guys could contact him to try get hold of that video.

I will also try and email him this page's link to try and encourage him to post.

Cheers

Andreas
Sojapat
Forum Follower

Post by Sojapat »

5 - two pair and lone male ...
Yesterday I discovered eggs in my cave! I can make out a dozen though there may be more.
How good is that. :lol:
Keep your powder dry
Sojapat
Forum Follower

That would be ...

Post by Sojapat »

An arm and a leg for me
THANK YOU
Sojapat

PS That's me in the hat with the cat :twisted:
Keep your powder dry