what do you think these is ?

We all know how difficult it is to identify the sex of these fish, so please post a picture in here and we'll try to help you (or at least give an educated guess!).
kasper
Groupie

what do you think these is ?

Post by kasper »

Hi

Please sex these 7 zebras :)

Nr.1

Nr.2

Nr.3

Nr.4

Nr.5

Nr.6

Nr.7

Thanks
Kasper
Des
Mentally Certified!

Post by Des »

Hi Kasper,

Unfortunately the pictures are not in focus, so therefore cannot see the cheek odontodes/bristles or the odontodes on the leading pectoral fin, very clearly, which I mainly use for sexing zebras,that, together with body shape.
Therefore just going on body shape , I would say that No 1,2,3 and 7 are females. No 4,5 and 6 are either Males or Juvenile females.
Can be more accurate if you are able to post side pictures of the head together with pectoral fin.

Also check out my post on the attached link of 2.16 pm which gives a link to some pictures of male and female zebras, and sexing info.
http://www.zebrapleco.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=514

Regards,
Des.
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

1,2,5 and 6 looks like females to me, but like Des says, more in focus pictures, and pictures taken while the fish is sitting straight with fins extended from above, and closeup of the profile (cheeks, head contour and pectoral fins) would help get a more accurate guess :) It's hard to do though I know...

This does not mean that I think the others are males, there isn't one that I can point to and say definate male, which only means they could be both

Just my 2c worth

Are these F1's?
kasper
Groupie

Post by kasper »

Hi

Sorry for the pictures.

These fish er are wildcaught.

Kasper