High Resolution Pics Top/Side/Bottom of 4 Zebra

We all know how difficult it is to identify the sex of these fish, so please post a picture in here and we'll try to help you (or at least give an educated guess!).
gianniz
Groupie

High Resolution Pics Top/Side/Bottom of 4 Zebra

Post by gianniz »

High Guys/Gals these are my babies they around all 6cm-6.5cm as I have actually put Ruler next to it to measure it! :)
Zebra1/4 are the biggest.

Also check out ZEBRA1 Top view.. it has a Heart Pattern :lol:

Zebra1 I think its a Female (its the biggest Zebra I have)

Zebra2 I thought it was female due to Fin curves but closer look and venting points to Male.

Zebra3 I have least confidence with (leaning more towards Male)

Zebra4 IS A FEMALE. IT HAS TOO BE! :) check venting faceshape/spikes (only problem is it's fines not that curved!)

Opinions will be much appreciated (please make sure you state which Zebra your commenting)

Thanks

PS These guys are Expensive $1000 each! (Australia Sucks!) so please please give me some of your time to help :)
Last edited by gianniz on Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Barbie

Post by Barbie »

Number 2 is female, Number 4 is male. Other than those, I can't tell for sure without their fins locked away from their bodies. Number 1 is probably male, also. They're still a bit small to count on any guesstimates, IMO.

Barbie
[url=http://www.plecos.com][img]http://plecos.com/plecosbanner.gif[/img][/url]
Des
Mentally Certified!

Post by Des »

Hi Gianniz,

They are still too small to be 100 % sure but from the pictures, I believe you have 1 male and 3 females
Congratulations with the No 1 Zebra with the heart pattern. I too have one of these "Love" zebras and they are very rare.

no 2 -male
no 1,3 and 4- females

Regards,
Des.