Acclimatisation dilema

Pretty much explains itself really. If you have questions about tank set-ups, tank furniture, (caves etc) chuck them in here!

Mindy
Mentally Certified!

Post by Mindy »

I can only surmise what he meant by that statement, but generally speaking, most animals do well with periodic times of fasting. Most animals in the wild will go a certain amount of time without food, sometimes because supply is low, but sometimes because they just don't feel like eating. It's helpful to the system in such cases to have a day to rest and clear itself out. I can only assume the same would go for fish.

I never feel guilty if I don't feed my fish every night, because generally, our tendencies are to overfeed. So, to have a day or so without food not only gives the fish's system a break, but it also helps keep tank pollution down. IMO. :wink:
Dr. P
Mentally Certified!

Post by Dr. P »

Spot on Mindy. :D
Sword Pies. As Good as it Gets - Guaranteed!! [img]http://www.refreshdesign.co.uk/dale/scotsmile2.gif[/img]
Shell231
Mentally Certified!

Post by Shell231 »

Thats the clearest explanation of that procedure i have ever witnessed! well done that cleras things up in my mind? cheers