Webcam

If it's about fish in general, or it's a little bit random, then this is the place to post it.
pandadosmares
Groupie

Post by pandadosmares »

:shock: :shock: :D :D :lol:

just cant take my eyes of it. great TV show
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

I have a second cam set up This male is the newest addition to the family, and he's occupying a rather unconventional cave?

There's two ladies sneaking up on him behind the bushes, so it will be interesting to see if something comes out of it - him haven chosen this cave I mean :)
Dr. P
Mentally Certified!

Post by Dr. P »

:shock: That cave is awesome looking!! Did you buy it?

Fingers crossed, I'm watching the male as I type!!
Sword Pies. As Good as it Gets - Guaranteed!! [img]http://www.refreshdesign.co.uk/dale/scotsmile2.gif[/img]
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

Yes I did :) It's meant for Ancistrus, so I was rather surprised to see that the alpha picked this one, but it does look like it's got the right dimensions, going by Barbies rule of thumb :)

It will be interesting to see if it works
Dr. P
Mentally Certified!

Post by Dr. P »

Ok McEve, spill dem beans. Did you simply drill a hole in the rock or is there more to it?
Sword Pies. As Good as it Gets - Guaranteed!! [img]http://www.refreshdesign.co.uk/dale/scotsmile2.gif[/img]
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

It is simply a hole drilled in a stone, but I didn't do it :) Nothing more to it, you just need a really powerful drill I guess :lol:
Dr. P
Mentally Certified!

Post by Dr. P »

:oops: I thought I had asked if you had made it, rather I asked if you had baught it, lol :oops:

It's been a hard day
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

:lol: Tuesdays are infamous for doing that to people! Fridays are much nicer that way :)
Adam

Post by Adam »

McEve, I have seen those drilled rocks at my LFS but the hole goes straight through. Is yours the same?

By the way do you mind putting the lights on as I can't see a thing in the tank :lol: .
Last edited by Adam on Fri Mar 11, 2005 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

It's bedtime for the Zebras Adam, and so it is for me :mrgreen: The hole in the rock doesn't go straight through. It's got one on each side, both stopping short of 2 cm to the other end.

Tomorrow you'll see us all fit and ready for a new day!
Adam

Post by Adam »

I have a very similar looking rock in my community tank, minus the drilled holes, that also has the white veins in it. What type of rock would this be I wonder? I have noticed that my gold ancistrus likes to graze the algae that grows on it and so do the other catfish. It's almost like a feeding station at times with several fish grazing on the rock.
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

Adam wrote: What type of rock would this be I wonder?
I don't know... I assume it's safe as it was bought in a petshop, but what kind....? Have no idea, but will see if I can find out!
Adam

Post by Adam »

I got mine from my LFS too so like you I presume it is safe. I still gave it a good soak followed by a vigorous scrub.