I managed to kill a fry today :-((

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

Tom Kvitnes
Groupie

I managed to kill a fry today :-((

Post by Tom Kvitnes »

:cry: :cry: :cry:
I was looking for the smalest one in the frytrap, but i could not find him.
I decided to lift up the small piece of bogwood in the frytrap, and there he was alive and kicking. I put the bogwood gently back and sat down to take a look at my babies. At first glance everything seemed okey, but then i saw the smallest one trapped under the bogwood. I quicly removed it, but it was to late he was dead :cry:

This was my little hero, the male kicked the egg out of cave, and he hatced in the frytrap. Now his yolksack was nearly gone, but i managed to kill him :shock: :oops:

My day got a little brighter when i found 3 more fry swimming in the tank, but this was bad day.

Tom
Mindy
Mentally Certified!

Post by Mindy »

You must've gone numb when you realised... :oops: I know the fact that it was just an unfortunate mishap doesn't make you feel any better. But at least you found the other three little guys which hopefully goes some way towards making the situation a little brighter. Sorry to hear about the loss... :( but congrats on the other little guys!
Adam

Post by Adam »

Hi Tom,

Sorry for the late reply to this one I've been a bit slack on posting lately. I'm sorry to hear about the accident :cry: , I wouldn't beat yourself up about it too much. As Mindy said it's just one of those unfortunate mishaps. At least you found the three other little guys, at least that would have sofetened the blow.