how do you catch your zebs ????

If you don't mind sharing them in order to keep these little critters breeding in captivity, chuck your hints and tips this way!

craigzeb
Obsessed!!

how do you catch your zebs ????

Post by craigzeb »

it has come to that time where i need to catch my baby zebs some are growing big and fast some are about 2 inch and i have loads in my tank 50 plus all diff sizes and i dont wanna get them mixed up with my 9 adults.
i had a trial run and managed to catch about 12 in a net off my bogwood after that i could not get any they were flying all over the tank to quick for me :loldude: :loldude:
im going to start selling some on soon and need a easy way off getting them out tank is 190l any help would be great cheers ???
leisure_man

Re: how do you catch your zebs ????

Post by leisure_man »

Good luck with that! I have 5 tanks of L46 breeding. Catching the fry is like a full-time job. I have to move everything out just to chase them around the tank and careful enough not to crush them with the net. The adults don't seem to mind. They are back at it breeding in the cave in no time.
TwoTankAmin

Post by TwoTankAmin »

I break down the tank completely. Often this includes removing filter intakes and detaching heaters from the glass.
What makes the common person uncommon is common sense.
craigzeb
Obsessed!!

Post by craigzeb »

yes i take out everything from my tank and drained water to a low level but they were going crazy do you think 2 nets be better to get them chase with 1 of them ?? then catch in other ??? just a pain everytime someone wants to come buy them ill have to do this each time
TwoTankAmin

Post by TwoTankAmin »

Well i have several tanks for zebras and always a few empty smaller tanks and filters in my bio-farm. So When i get to the point where i am ready to sell fish I will pull the sellable ones to a sales tank. this makes it easier to get them back out as needed. Right now i have a 75, 30, and 2x20long going for zebras. I have 7 or 8 in the ready to sell 20 long- that is they are at least 1.75 in. TL.
What makes the common person uncommon is common sense.
craigzeb
Obsessed!!

Post by craigzeb »

i have a smaller tank been cycling for over a year and still not done has a fluval 406 filter dont know whats going on its not ready yet doing my nut in have high ammonia started turning to nitrites then went back to ammonia and not budging ???? as i was gonna move all babies into this 1