Little update

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

Cascudo
Obsessed!!

Little update

Post by Cascudo »

Hi everyone

I have a little update about the fry.

A few weeks ago I lost one of the 8 new fry because of a little disaster.
I wasn't yet used to the right quantity of food for 8 of them, so I was feeding too much. I thought that everything was eaten by the fry, but too late I discovered that the greater part of the food was just swept under the spoon where they hide. One morning all of them where hanging at the surface because of oxygen shortage. I quickly put in an aerator and saw the quantity of rotting food that appeared. The rotting food must have been responsible for the lack of oxygen. I decided to clean the fry trap thoroughly and in the proces of catching the fry I discovered that one had died.

Now I have an aearator in both the fry traps and I clean them regularly.
Probably it is quite obvious :roll: but I just wanted to warn to pay attention to the oxygen level in the fry traps, in spite of the fact that they have an open contact with the water in the the tank.

Fortunately the 7 remaining fry in one fry trap, the adolescent in the other fry trap and the adolescent in the tank are looking healthy and active and are eating well.
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

I guess this shows how hardy they really can be :)

Bet you got yourself a heartstopper when you found out how things were in the frytrap :) Good thing it all ended well, but sorry to hear you lost one.