Mutation, yes or no, thats the question

If it's about fish in general, or it's a little bit random, then this is the place to post it.
pandadosmares
Groupie

Mutation, yes or no, thats the question

Post by pandadosmares »

:idea:
Is it only my opinion that some Hypancistrus related with L46, like L173, L174, L236, L98, L345; L250 arent but a mix with some kind of Hypancistrus, since all of them have connection to each other.

Some of you, have managed to get L173 from L46, isnt it just, like in humans that a new member born will get some kind of gene from an ancestor, like blue eyes.

Does this help to explain the few members that apear?

:idea: :?:
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

All Hypancistrus are related, like all Fringilla (finches - birds :)) are related to eachother as well. The differences between them are still more than just a gene for blue eyes, blond hair or dark skin, which are only some of the genetical varieties we see in homo sapiens.

I do however believe that L46 and L98 might be the same fish, L46 having a more or less perfect "fingerprint", while L98 might have a damaged fingerprint, be it from birth or through damage.

Or do I misunderstand the hypothesis pandadosmares?

But another interesting aspect, if I understand your hypothesis right, is that what seperate most other subfamilies, in for instance birds, is that one species won't breed with another species within the same subfamily. It's been shown that one species of Hypancistrus can spawn with another Hypancistrus specie, while a Fringilla coelebs would never mate with a Fringillia montifringilla (finches again..).
pandadosmares
Groupie

Post by pandadosmares »

Excluding Hibrids, that do not have the genetic code to be breeders for that new race.

But one might be lead to think that a L46 might spawn with a cuisin and who knows, a L174 is born :?: and from that (whos not a hibrid, a new genera)

So why do a couple of L46 spawn a L98?? one might think that is a error of that code or just a hidden gene from a far , far away relative.

And what does a L98 do? spawn more L98? if so than it might be that we are using that gene to purify that new sub family.
So its just a error or something more.
We know that some Pelvicachomis taeniatus have cross breed producing a new specie, since the diferences are very tiny, and also the rivers in some parts do mix.

So in nature it must happen also to the L46?