Rain Water?

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

jerms55555
Obsessed!!

Rain Water?

Post by jerms55555 »

I have about 10 gallons of rain water that I gathered after a week long storm.....now my question is has anybody used rain water for their weekly water changes? The ph in my tank is 7.0ph and the rain water is 6.8.
My biggest concern is I live in Los Angeles and you know how bad the smog is over here......grant it I don't live near the city, but can the acid rain be deadly?
Tom2600
Obsessed!!

Post by Tom2600 »

Hi

Rainwater is too risky if you live in a built up area. You have to be sure the collect area is free of pollutants but in a city even with this, you cannot be sure whats in the rain. I personally would not risk it. Can you not get some RO water?

Regards

Tom
jerms55555
Obsessed!!

Post by jerms55555 »

I can get RO water thats no a problem, I just thought that i had 10 gal there and instead of throwing it away why not use it.........but i would have to agree with you Tom2600, thats why i have been so reluctant to use it.