Wanted: Zebra's in US

If you are a private seller, then why not give this a shot? It's free and might even have some of those zebra thingies! You can also post requests for exchanging or loaning fish. Please refrain from posting opinions or irrelevancies in this section.

Zebrapleco.com can not take ANY responsibility for items advertised or sold in this section as they are free classifieds. Members not following the Forum Rules however will have their Posts deleted.

Wanted: Zebra's in US

Post by Guest »

Hey everyone,

First of all, I love this forum. I've been admiring Zebra's for a long time and this is the best place I've found for info. I know there have been previous posts on this topic, but I wanted to know if there is any new info out there. I want to start a breeding program with zebra plecos and was wondering if anyone knows if there are any available in the states. This may be a long shot, but I'm just throwing it out there. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Valhallan
valhallan
Groupie

Post by valhallan »

Er... Sorry, wasn't logged in for that last post. :?

Valhallan
Des
Mentally Certified!

Post by Des »

Wellcome to the forum Valhallan,
I'm from the Uk so cannot help but I' sure Barbie and others in the US might be able to help you. I say might, because they were banned from being exported from Brazil at the end of last year. :cry: .
In the UK there are some wild stock about, coming via Germany, but the asking price is around £200 each. This was confirmed to me today by one of my LFS and that the wholesale price was around half that.

Regards,
Des.
Adam

Post by Adam »

Hi Valhallan,

You could try here http://www.aquabid.com/ they are offered for sale every now and then.

Good luck.
jerms55555
Obsessed!!

Post by jerms55555 »

Hey valhallan
Checkout www.thecocohut.com. I know he has some and has been breeding them this past year...I just purchased two of his largest F1s for $100 each.... :D
Not to bad.......these days......his name is Brian, a cool guy, and he just wrote me yesterday stating that he moved a cave and found 9 more little buggers! :shock:
I know he wants to raise the price so try to contact him quickly....

I know one more guy in California that is selling his whole breeding colony soon...pretty pricey though but they are over 3.5" and they all have been breed before......He has been breeding them for the past 5 years.......:shock: ...He says he is selling everything including caves because he needs money to get married........OH KNOW THE SIGNIFICANT OTHER THING HAS BIT HIM IN THE BUTT.......I will keep you guys posted ....
valhallan
Groupie

Post by valhallan »

Thanks for the replies everyone.

I really hope I won't have to get up to the prices they're going for in the UK :shock: . I have been looking on aquabid but there haven't been any for the last few days, I'll keep checking though. jerms55555, thanks for the great info. I'll be following it up :D

Val