Zebra Plecs

If you are a private seller, then why not give this a shot? It's free and might even have some of those zebra thingies! You can also post requests for exchanging or loaning fish. Please refrain from posting opinions or irrelevancies in this section.

Zebrapleco.com can not take ANY responsibility for items advertised or sold in this section as they are free classifieds. Members not following the Forum Rules however will have their Posts deleted.

Dr. P
Mentally Certified!

Post by Dr. P »

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

55 Zebras!!! I wouldn't sleep at night!!!!

So your paying a lot of money, but you know its well worth it!! Do you have any pics of your set ups?

Congrats again, can't wait to hear how it all goes.
Sword Pies. As Good as it Gets - Guaranteed!! [img]http://www.refreshdesign.co.uk/dale/scotsmile2.gif[/img]
Eelke
Forum Follower

Post by Eelke »

Robbert (the friend I am breeding fish with) will take some good shots asap. (I suck at taking pics :))
Adam

Post by Adam »

55 zebras :shock: :shock: that's quite some breeding colony you have there Eelke. Dr. P is right I lose a lot of sleep over my lot so I'd expect you do too. I often wake up in the night and have a quick check on the zebras with a flash light, they must be really fed of me spooking them like that. My latest worry is a failed heaterstat that "cooks" the whole tank of zebras. I've been looking for a good digistat controller but can't seem to find one. My LFSs tell me that since the change in EU regulations they are no longer legal. Is this true or are they just spinning me a line?

Adam.
Ed_R
Obsessed!!

Post by Ed_R »

WHat changed in the EU regs? As far as I can tell, in the US, you can own as many as you want, even trade or sell them legally without paperwork, even from other countries as livestock imports. THe only thing you CAN'T do is export them from Brazil. IF they're out of Brazil, I think they're fair game.
Tristan
Obsessed!!

Post by Tristan »

Adam wrote:55 zebras :shock: :shock: that's quite some breeding colony you have there Eelke. Adam.
Isn't your colony getting to that sort of size now :?: :wink:
L046, L033, L117, L200, L027, L014, Discus, & malawis
Adam

Post by Adam »

Sorry Ed_R, I might not have been too clear about what I was rambling on about. :oops: I was reffering to a change in EU regs affecting the availabilty of digistat controllers in the UK. :wink:
Ed_R
Obsessed!!

Post by Ed_R »

WHat is a digistat controller again?
Adam

Post by Adam »

Tristan wrote:Isn't your colony getting to that sort of size now :?: :wink:
If only, I would get some more but I don't think that my marriage would survive the pounding.

Ed_R, you plug all your heaters into a digistat controller and it controls the lot. A lot more accurate apparently and they are supposed to be more reliable. I might be using non-US friendly terminology.
Ed_R
Obsessed!!

Post by Ed_R »

So it's sort of a digital thermostat.;)
Adam

Post by Adam »

Exacta Mundo. :lol:
Des
Mentally Certified!

Post by Des »

Adam,

I too have the same worries as you about a sticking heater in my Zebra tanks. My cousin lost a whole tank of adult discus before he realized that the heater had stuck in the on position. I have had the odd faulty one before but luckily all failed in the off position therefore the tank not heating up. Currently I have Visi-therm heater thermostats in all my tanks and have found them to be the most reliable.
As a solution I have added a ETI digital Aquarium Thermometer with remote probe ( approx £10) with a High/Low alarm.
( www.etiltd.co.uk) You have to set it to your parameters.
It goes off everytime I do a cold water change.!!!!!! I set mine to +-4 degreesF.
If you want the digistat, Try some of the fish supplies mail order companies like Animal house , Aquadabra etc. These are also sold through Vivarium suppliers.

Regards,
Des.
Adam

Post by Adam »

Des,

This certainly has been a worry of mine for some time now but I'm not too sure what to do in order to get peace of mind.

Before I ramble on I think this topic is worthy of it's own thread. I'll post a new topic so as to get a discussion going on what I feel is a very important subject.