5 remaining zebras at Wild Woods.

If you are a private seller, then why not give this a shot? It's free and might even have some of those zebra thingies! You can also post requests for exchanging or loaning fish. Please refrain from posting opinions or irrelevancies in this section.

Zebrapleco.com can not take ANY responsibility for items advertised or sold in this section as they are free classifieds. Members not following the Forum Rules however will have their Posts deleted.

Adam

5 remaining zebras at Wild Woods.

Post by Adam »

If anyone is interested and has the money, Wild Woods have 5 zebras left. They are going for an extortionate £165 each, but I guess if you are desperate you may have no choice. Please note that they do not ship. I was talking to keith yesterday, popped in for some frozen food, and he told me that he had a customer come down from Liverpool who bought £1200s :shock: worth of zebras at the weekend. Own up guys which one of you was it? :wink:

Wildwoods
Theobalds Park Road
Crews Hill
Enfield
Middlesex
EN2 9BP

Tel:020 8366 0243
Adam

Post by Adam »

W.Ws remaining 5 zebras have all been sold, they are just waiting for their new owner to pick them up. No more for a while now, next lot I've been told will be a shade under £200 :shock: :shock: .

I'm Still wondering who bought the £1200 pounds worth of zebras. :?
Tom2600
Obsessed!!

Post by Tom2600 »

These shops are really taking the P*SS now! :evil: Just before X'mas Zebras were coming into the country at around £45-55 for the retailer to buy. I know one LFS relatively near to me put their prices up by £40 when I told them what people were paying for Zebras down south. I was not impressed! Its just greed but I suppose if people are daft (I mean, willing) enough to pay the money then who can blame them. But these retailers are making 300%+ profit on Zebras at the moment. I'll get off my soap box now. :wink:
Rob
Hypan-guru!

Post by Rob »

This is where the problems starts. A large number of these fish will be bought for the wrong reason! They will be bought as a comodity, something to breed and make money out of, instead of breeding for the enjopyment. I don't think people realise the commitment, time and money that is required to breed these creatures!!! This will in my mind stop those who do have a passion for creating successful breeding programs.

Ok, I'll also get off my soap box. :cry:

Although the idea of having £14,000 worth of fish is a ncie thought!!! :cry:

Anyone know of any good insurance companies out there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wink:
The perfect white lie..."Of course I didn't pay that much for the fish honey"
Ed_R
Obsessed!!

Post by Ed_R »

THere are a lot of people looking for these fish and wanting to start breeding right NOW!
And they are going to be freaking out when they realize it'll take two years to get a spawn;)
Adam

Post by Adam »

Rob wrote:Although the idea of having £14,000 worth of fish is a ncie thought!!! :cry:

Anyone know of any good insurance companies out there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wink:
Rob, if you're serious about insurance for your fish try this place: http://www.sisa.co.uk/per/misc/hobbie1b.htm
When I kept koi I had four of my prized fish insured and it didn't work out to that much.

I feel a rant coming on but I'll refrain. You guys have pretty much said it all. As Tom has said some people have seized on the profeteering opportunity that zebras now represent. To echo what Rob said I also think that some people have got into zebras for all the wrong reasons. Speaking from a personal point of view I instantly fell in love with zebras when I first clapped eyes on one back in "91, I remember racing to the nearest cashpoint to withdraw the £45 to buy the fish and I haven't looked back since. If my zebras never breed I don't really care as I will still enjoy them for the beautiful fish that they are.
Ed_R, your right. Some people will be in for a rude awakening when they realize how difficult it can be to breed zebras.
Last edited by Adam on Sun Feb 13, 2005 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rob
Hypan-guru!

Post by Rob »

Cheers for that Adam, I think I'll check it out tomorrow, and on the note of getting your zebras to breed..... It'll happen!! :wink: Just turn up the barry white and dim the lights a little!!! :wink:
The perfect white lie..."Of course I didn't pay that much for the fish honey"
Adam

Post by Adam »

No probs Rob, It's something that has crossed my mind a couple of times. I honestly think that it's worth some real consideration, there are quite a few people here that have a few thousand pounds of zebras in their tanks.

It certainly would be nice if my zebras were to breed, only problem is it would stress me out even more. You know how paranoid I often get about my zebras, I fear that having babies would only take me one step closer to a coronary.

As for the Barry White and dimmed lights I'm afraid that it gets me into the breeding mood instead of the zebras, much to the annoyance of my wife :cry: .