tank shots wanted....

You can post piccies of your fishies here!
andyj
Groupie

tank shots wanted....

Post by andyj »

Hi guys,

Can peeps post up some shots of their tanks....

I'm after some ideas for the aquascaping in my new 120-litre L134 species tank ;)

Any input would be much appreciated :D

Cheers,

Andy
andyj
Dr. P
Mentally Certified!

Post by Dr. P »

A slightly older photo of my set up. I have changed it a little over the past few months but nothing drastic...

Sword Pies. As Good as it Gets - Guaranteed!! [img]http://www.refreshdesign.co.uk/dale/scotsmile2.gif[/img]
andyj
Groupie

Post by andyj »

Cheers for that Doc ;)

Was thinking of something along those lines.....

Might try and have a split level set-up, with half the substrate being a couple of inches higher than the rest, held back with a large piece of slate.

Have opted for the 'fine gravel' as a substrate, as I've never used sand before, and I'm a bit cautious after reading different articles etc.

As for the caves, I've already made some pvc tubes covered with gravel, which my BN plecs have used for breeding already. So I'll make a few more of those I think. Coating them with silicone and then gravel, reduces the 'white-tubing-in-your-tank' effect !!! ;)
andyj
pandadosmares
Groupie

Post by pandadosmares »

This is my L134 tank (120cm*35cm*50), you can see one of them entering the cave :D

cheers
Cascudo
Obsessed!!

Post by Cascudo »

Um aquario bonito viu.

Gostei!
pandadosmares
Groupie

Post by pandadosmares »

Obrigado :wink:
Tristan
Obsessed!!

Post by Tristan »

Hi Guys, -yes i know that my tank is ugly but i have just cleaned it our thoroughly and introduced some new fish so I took out all the rock work and put some bogwood in as well - i will be aquascaping at the weekend. :D

Info

11 Zebras (yipee)
150 Litres (3 foot)
Fluval 203 external canister - tetratec 1000 and tetrated 800(i think) rena 200 air pump and 200Watt heater - Cut RO mix every four days approx 1/3.

Anyone know where i can buy some caves :)

Tristan
L046, L033, L117, L200, L027, L014, Discus, & malawis
pandadosmares
Groupie

Post by pandadosmares »

I just love the tiny little black and white rocks :D
Ed_R
Obsessed!!

Post by Ed_R »

I think maybe I'll get rid of all but a handfull of the sand in my tanbk, since you guys seem not to use it. I've heard that can be troublesome though- resting on a smooth surface covered with bacteria as opposed to resting ona rougher surface covered with bacteria- oh never mind I'm not making sense.