Farlo Spawn

If you've got a breeding project on at the moment, (preferably fish related), let us know and you might even get added to the spawn list..whe....hey!

TwoTankAmin

Farlo Spawn

Post by TwoTankAmin »

I woke last Saturday to a farlo spawn. 27 eggs being guarded and tended by dad. They last spawned, to the best of my knowledge, the week of last Xmas. They spawned in almost the exact same spot too.

Of course this spot is so high up the glass that it made doing water changes a real PITA yesterday. My fish love to torment me :x

Oops I just realized I posted this under sebra breeding and it belongs in the Who's Breeding What forum. Any mod that wants to move it there- TY.
What makes the common person uncommon is common sense.
thecichlidguy

Post by thecichlidguy »

thats awesome...let me know if you wanna sell any of them :)
Plastic Mac
Mentally Certified!

Post by Plastic Mac »

Topic moved.

Congratulations, any idea why they had a long a break as they did between spawns? :)

Plastic Mac
TwoTankAmin

Post by TwoTankAmin »

Well- they are in my high tech planted tank which is a true jungle. The tank is basically for show and not for breeding. It is possible they have spawned other times/places where I never saw it. The two spawns I have seen were smack on the front glass.
TwoTankAmin

Post by TwoTankAmin »

The first spawn all hatched out in the space of about 3 hours. So I planned for that again. Of course the best laid plans of fish and men aft gang aglee.

This time it took 3 days and all I managed to snag were 5 out of about 28 viable eggs. I sure hope the other fish enjoyed their snack cause I was not amused.

Well I guess 5 fry in the trap sure beats 0.