Extra Power Heads

If it's about fish in general, or it's a little bit random, then this is the place to post it.
rich1988oxford
Obsessed!!

Extra Power Heads

Post by rich1988oxford »

I have just purchased two new 400+lph power heads to go into my zeb set up. I ideally wanted them to direct flow accross the front of my five caves. Just wanted to know if you guys think the zebs wont like the flow going directly along the bottom of the tank as it is a quite powerfull flow?
Cheers
Rich
TwoTankAmin

Post by TwoTankAmin »

I have flow across top and mid level of tank which moves along the bottom water. It blows across the caves, all my spawning takes place at the farthest end from the outputs. The flow is created by a Hot mag with a spray bar out that runs along the top left side, and a powerehead of under 200gph. The tank is 36x18x13 inch. It has an AquaClaer 150 gph at the opposite end (right side) from the other two. The intake for the HOT is plumbed to the opposite end of the tank as well. The poor pic below will show most of this.

Since last Apr the 12-13 zebras in that tank have spawned about 18 times and given me in excess of 140 fry. So it seems to be adequate for both flow and oxygenation.
What makes the common person uncommon is common sense.
rich1988oxford
Obsessed!!

Post by rich1988oxford »

Thanks for the help twotankamin, I have heard about youre success in past forums, and you can see why. Plenty of water movement, loads of hiding place, and lots of caves :D You have one hell of a set up there!!

Cheers for the help
Rich