Looks like I might have found the trick

An area for anything related to spawning. Share your experiences with the rest of us here...
lrry93
Obsessed!!

Looks like I might have found the trick

Post by lrry93 »

For the last few months I got bummed out after losing $2500 in a zeb scam so I left my Zeb tank in a empty room and totally ignored the little guys only going in there to feed once a day turning off the filters for a hour or so. I was only doing water changes every 3 weeks. Well I went in tonight and saw a nice male with a big lyretail holding a nice fat female in a cave. She was trapped doing her little shivering deal. So hopefully I will confirm wich ones are up to fooling around. I have 20+ zebs in the tank. I have seen small fry in there from time to time that looked way smaller then any I have ever had smaller then 3/4" but never gave it alot of thought. Maybe this will get me loving them like I used to???
Zoban
Groupie

Post by Zoban »

Gratz and best of luck!!
[url=http://www.mentoria.on.ca/fish/images/HPIM0036.JPG]Zoban's Main Tank[/url]
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

Hi lrry93! Good to see you're still working with your Zebs! Crossing my fingers you'll get a good spawn this time :D

Being scammed surtainly can be a turnoff, but don't give up on the ones you've got. Good luck!
alga
Groupie

Post by alga »

lrry93- Don't give away the secrets to these guys so easily :D . Treat them like normal fish, nothing overly special, stop looking at them all the time and fussing with the tank and they spawn like clockwork. You really can love keeping the fish if they become less work and more enjoyment. :) To really enjoy them, let the tank fill with fry and after you just can't take it any more try to catch them...that'll make you dislike them once again, fast little suckers.

Sorry to hear of the scam but best of luck with the fry.