I've got BristleNose fry already !!!!

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

andyj
Groupie

I've got BristleNose fry already !!!!

Post by andyj »

Was beginning to wonder why I hadn't seen my male BN Plec for a while, so I thought I'd have a route around for him, and in the process add some breeding tubes to the tank..... (pics later) ;)

Anyway, I've got a big rock at the back of my tank that I've seen him under a couple of times, so I thought I'd see if he was under there......

Upon lifting up the rock, there I find the male BN with about a dozen or more fry !!!!

They're about 5-6mm long at the mo, so hopefully he'll be letting them out into the tank soon....

Can't beleive it !! They pair have onily been in the tank about 17 days, and they've already layed, hatched and reared the fry !!!

I know they're not the most difficult Plec to breed, but I'm well chuffed !!! :D
andyj
Adam

Post by Adam »

Well done mate, it's always a good feeling when your fish breed regardless of species.
Cascudo
Obsessed!!

Post by Cascudo »

Good for you! Congratulations!

I have bred Bristlenose's also. If you have a breeding pair they will go on and on.
I had most succes when I let dad take care of the fry. When the fry become hungry they escape from dad's care and start fouraging through the tank.
When this happens you can feed them with cucumber and other vegetables like lettuce and spinach. They will also eat feeding pellets.