5 to sex

We all know how difficult it is to identify the sex of these fish, so please post a picture in here and we'll try to help you (or at least give an educated guess!).
Heliophobe
Groupie

5 to sex

Post by Heliophobe »

Looking for some help sexing the fish. I've looked at every post in this forum and I still don't get it....hehe. Thanks in advance.

Oh, and the blue grid is 1/2".

BTW, zebra #5 does not have a deformed head. The container warped the picture. I would have taken another but I didn't notice till it was on the computer and wasn't about to bug him again.

I just put them in a new tank based on info I found here and had some interesting behavior. 4 zebras went into one cave. One zebra kicked everyone out of a cave. One fought him for it but lost. the two smaller ones decided to hang out together under a small overhang. One ignored the caves completely and went to hang out under a piece of driftwood. That one finally came down but hung out at the outside edge of the caves without really going in.

Don't know if that helps at all but I figured it couldn't hurt.

Matt
madmoroccan
Obsessed!!

Post by madmoroccan »

Welcome to the forum! :D

Unfortunately these are too young to accurately sex... :idea: Am I right in assuming that these are juveniles? :?:

regards

Bader
[img]http://www.geocities.com/madmoroccan/zebcam.jpg[/img]
Alistair
Obsessed!!

Post by Alistair »

I would agree with bader, they look a bit to young to sex yet. Also they look a little on the thin side to me, get them well fed and post again in a few months time.

Al.C
Miezekatze
Obsessed!!

Post by Miezekatze »

hi

correct, too young to sex.. and i think it will take a longer time to do this...
Kind Regards
Christian

http://www.APSnet.de
tobalman
Forum Follower

Post by tobalman »

#3 and #5 maybe males. Little more focus on the bottom would help.