I GOT ZEBRAS

If you are a private seller, then why not give this a shot? It's free and might even have some of those zebra thingies! You can also post requests for exchanging or loaning fish. Please refrain from posting opinions or irrelevancies in this section.

Zebrapleco.com can not take ANY responsibility for items advertised or sold in this section as they are free classifieds. Members not following the Forum Rules however will have their Posts deleted.

Ton

Post by Ton »

I think he needs those Caps lock on so he can read what he is writing.

Further he got a big mouth (to bad).

Rules on this forum

. Put your location in your profile.
2. Only one Username per-person. If you have problems with one username contact Site Admin.
3. Try not to use "slang" terms in forum posts.
4. Please do not use CAPS LOCKS, as this is considered shouting.
5. Do not post if you feel upset. Wait half an hour and give the original poster the benefit of the doubt.
6. Foul or abusive language will not be tolerated
7. Personal attacks will not be tolerated, keep the discussion objective, we're here to make friends and learn.
8. Keep your posts in a friendly tone.
9. Spam, advertizing or promotions will not be tolerated, not in the forum, and not in the form of PM's to the members. Violating this rule will result in suspension of your account.
10. [not suitable for children] material, warez, Illegal software or postings of copyrighted material will not be tolerated, nor linking to sites with similar content.
11. Do not PM moderators or members asking questions where the answer might be of interest to other members. This is a forum for all enthusiasts to increase their knowledge.
12. The sales and wants section is for private sales only. If you're a commercial seller, please contact the site admin for further advice.
13. NO Cross Posting. Please only post questions in one Forum, don't duplicate it will just cause the posts to get deleted!!
14. If your Question Is not answered immediately, please do not re-post, we will get to it.
15. Please keep your signatures to a max of 3 lines or 150 characters, images should be no more than 90 pixels high.
Pete
Obsessed!!

Post by Pete »

astral_firn wrote:HEY I DONT NEED ANY SMARTASS REMARK FROM THE LIKES FOR YOU, THIS IS MY POST YOU DONT LIKE WHAT I TYPE DONT READ IT.....OR IS THAT HARD FOR YOU MY LITTLE FRIEND....UNTILL A MODERATOR TELLS ME OTHERWISE, BACK OFF![/b]
A moderator did tell you otherwise.
On page one of this thread.
Name's PlasticMac.

So lose the capslock jackass. And then learn to spell.
It's not an illusion, it just looks like one.
Plastic Mac
Mentally Certified!

Post by Plastic Mac »

It would appear under the circumstances that most of you could do with refreshing yourselves with the main forum rules, as Ton quoted above:

especially the following ones:

4. Please do not use CAPS LOCKS, as this is considered shouting.
5. Do not post if you feel upset. Wait half an hour and give the original poster the benefit of the doubt.
6. Foul or abusive language will not be tolerated
7. Personal attacks will not be tolerated, keep the discussion objective, we're here to make friends and learn.
8. Keep your posts in a friendly tone.

These aren't difficult to follow, and considering this site has not been set-up for profit by Rob but instead as a free resource for everyone here to use (in other words: for your benefit!) Then the least you lot can do is to respect his wishes when it comes to posting.

While accepting rule 2 and agreeing with it, perhaps if vendors of this fish didn't put a reason for the sale, the breaking of rule 2 may cease or be greatly reduced.

In addition if a reason is given, and a different reason is given elsewhere, I believe that this should be highlighted. This being for the protection of the purchaser who is very likely a member of this site. I for one would only like to deal with somebody who is consistent in their approach.

Dave
@Dave (and everyone else)

While I appreciate consistency is a good thing when it comes to selling zebras, as a buyer does like to feel they are dealing with someone who is honest. The fact is the rules are there for a reason and are not there to be broken when you or I or anyone else sees fit.
If you believe there is some inconsistency in a sellers advertisement then pm the seller privately. If after that, you still feel there is something 'strange' going on with a particular sale and have had no luck resolving your issue with the seller then please pm any of the mods here. We are after all here to help with the smooth running of the forum, we're not here though to keep putting the dummies/pacifiers back into the mouths of kids who keep spitting them out.

Plastic Mac
hamish99
Obsessed!!

Post by hamish99 »

their his zebs so what difference does it make why he's selling them,
if you want to buy them then bid on them, if not butt out!
lora
Groupie

Post by lora »

Well said ![/quote]
crazie.eddie
Obsessed!!

Post by crazie.eddie »

Looks like another scammer, according to PF here...
MaryPa wrote:Sorry but your game is over, you can`t cheat the MSMoosey of Aquabid. Don`t buy from him before you look at the threads in aquabid,he`s a con. here`s one Aquabid feedback here`s the other feedback
astral_firn
Forum Follower

Post by astral_firn »

Jojoyojimbi
Obsessed!!

Post by Jojoyojimbi »

astral_firn wrote:prof i am not cheat.....
http://www.plecofanatics.com/forum/show ... 798&page=2
that's only proof that you had at least 6 zebras to sell to 'assure' everyone that you're not a 'cheat' you could still be ripping people off
astral_firn
Forum Follower

Post by astral_firn »

you have to be one of the most stupid person i may have ever....forget, if you people dont know im not a cheat by now you will never know...im dont here and with this thread
Jojoyojimbi
Obsessed!!

Post by Jojoyojimbi »

astral_firn wrote:you have to be one of the most stupid person i may have ever....forget, if you people dont know im not a cheat by now you will never know...im dont here and with this thread
*waves*
Barbie

Post by Barbie »

Jojoyojimbi, after reading through the threads you've participated in, the more recent ones appear to be nothing more than bashing sessions. While I do understand that you're recommending buyer beware, your methods are less than desirable for the tone of the board. The rules are there for a reason and so far in this thread, Astral is not the only one walking all over them. I hope I make myself perfectly clear here. There's absolutely no reason I can think of that we should tolerate this ongoing pettiness. If you've got a reason, I'd love to hear it, otherwise this had better be the end of it!

Barbie
[url=http://www.plecos.com][img]http://plecos.com/plecosbanner.gif[/img][/url]
cichlid_baby
Groupie

Post by cichlid_baby »

Thank you Barb...
Jojoyojimbi
Obsessed!!

Post by Jojoyojimbi »

my reason for being less than polite to astral is because i find him lying time and time again over and over, posting on one board that he's got to sell the zebras to pay for rent, then he's posting about brand new discus he just bought, posting that his tank broke that he had them in, a 10g tank for 20 zebras, that i hear he paid no more than $50 each for, and then turned around and said he paid 150 each for them

basically i see people like him who end up buying zebras from someone cheap then turning around and selling half of them for double or triple what they paid for them so they can end up with free zebras and it ticks me off because they either don't care about the fish and only want them as status symbols, or they keep them in dismal conditions, like trying to raise 20 zebras in a 10g tank

if i'm less than pleasant that's my own fault for not tolerating lies and liars, if you want me to keep my opinions to myself even when they do prove to be true then just ask and i will
astral_firn
Forum Follower

Post by astral_firn »

:roll:
Barbie

Post by Barbie »

The rules are there for a reason. Read them, learn them, follow them, or go kick sand on people somewhere else. That's your options. I didn't make the rules, but I WILL enforce them. Rob puts a ton of time and effort into making this a place where we can all share the information we have about zebras. He wants the tone to be friendly without trolling and personal attacks. If you can't argue a subject without being insulting and personal, then yep, you need to go somewhere else. If you can, we'd all love to see it and value any input.

I do realize Astral brought much of the confusion on himself. I've read the threads all over the net on the subject, believe me. It still doesn't change the rules here though.

Barbie
[url=http://www.plecos.com][img]http://plecos.com/plecosbanner.gif[/img][/url]