Corydoras Catfish with Zebra's

If it's about fish in general, or it's a little bit random, then this is the place to post it.
gtp
Groupie

Corydoras Catfish with Zebra's

Post by gtp »

I just wondered if anyone thinks there would be much benifit in keeping some Corydoras in my exclusive Zebra plec tank?

The only disadvantage is that they may eat the food before the zebra's get it but what are your thoughts?
Lifted193
Obsessed!!

Post by Lifted193 »

Yes the Corys are bottom dwellers like the Zebras and will compete for food.
chanettt
Obsessed!!

Post by chanettt »

for me i am not worry about competing for food. my zebras use to lived with many corys before. in fact, they bring more action from zebras.

they are annoyed. so many time, zebras try to scare them away.

if you are not looking forward to breed them, then i think they can live in the same tank.

one of my little zebras gain more wait from living with corys. since i pick him up, i put him in the tank that has many corys right away. so there is no effect on fatten the zebras up.

i don't know if this works with the adult zebras or not. may be a fry (2 inches) can adjust himself into any knid of situation. :roll:
gtp
Groupie

Post by gtp »

So I should not bother trying to keep them with Zebra's if I am attempting to breed them in the next few months?

I thought that they might intice a little more territorial response in the Zebra's and thus perhaps make a breeding trigger...