Finally I got my L46 first spawn

An area for anything related to spawning. Share your experiences with the rest of us here...
twinspots_goby
Obsessed!!

Finally I got my L46 first spawn

Post by twinspots_goby »

After several trials wtih different females, my alpha male finally hold his first successful spawn last week. Last night when I flashed his cave(I know i'm not suppose to do it, just can't help), I saw two eggs. there might be more, but the male guard them pretty tiet, and i couldn't see them all. I was very happy, and can't wait to see the babies. I also know that I can't expect too much for the first time spawn. Who knows? I may get one or two babies if i'm super lucky.
Here is the interesting part! My alpha male have tried with three different females. He never tried with the biggest one as far as i know. he ended up with the smallest female to have this spawn. the female is only 2.5 inches and I thought she is not ready yet. but the biggest female, over 3 inches, never showed any interest and just keeps guarding her territory for ever. I will update and post some pics if I get babies. :D
L46 x 24 adults + 60 fries
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

Congratulations! :D If at all possible, try leaving them alone now and put your flashligh somewhere you won't find it again. Take pictures instead ;)

It's not unusual what you report, I've also noticed that they definately do have their favourites and won't mate with a fish they don't like. Weird huh
Plastic Mac
Mentally Certified!

Post by Plastic Mac »

That's fantastic news Twinspots_Goby. Good to see your picky male got there in the end, congratulations! :D

Now all the fun starts lol! :D Keep us posted on what happens and I'll bet there's more than two eggs in there.

congratulations once again.

Plastic Mac.
twinspots_goby
Obsessed!!

Post by twinspots_goby »

Thanks. McEve and Plastic Mac. I can't wait to see the babies if all possible. I will post some pictures as soon as I can find them. maybe two weeks later I guess.
Barbie

Post by Barbie »

The males are FANTASTIC at hiding the fry. Trust me on that one! Congratulations! :)

Barbie
[url=http://www.plecos.com][img]http://plecos.com/plecosbanner.gif[/img][/url]
crazie.eddie
Obsessed!!

Post by crazie.eddie »

Congrats! I guess more zebra breeders in Illinois.
madmoroccan
Obsessed!!

Post by madmoroccan »

Congrats!!!

I guess it only makes sense that your alpha male has his favourite!

We humans do it all the time... if you don't find a partner attractive then you just last. And we act all shocked when animals do it... LOL :wink:

Again well done mate, all the best.
[img]http://www.geocities.com/madmoroccan/zebcam.jpg[/img]
chanettt
Obsessed!!

Post by chanettt »

congratulation i hope you have a lot of babies from this spawn.
twinspots_goby
Obsessed!!

Post by twinspots_goby »

The bad news is the first spawn wasn't seccessful. :( I found no eggs left in the cave when I realized the male started coming out and look for food. However, after 5 days, the male hold another spawn with the same female I guess. I'm not sure though. The good news is that after being patient and waiting for 10 days, I found some babies in the cave. The dady did a great job this time! :D I don't know how many in there, but I'm sure I though at least 3. I'm very very excited now! My first successful spawn! I dont' think I can fall asleep tonight. :lol:
chanettt
Obsessed!!

Post by chanettt »

very good job :D
CDNAqua
Obsessed!!

Congrats

Post by CDNAqua »

CONGRATS MAN ...Good 2 hear your wait is over.

See God does answer prayers :!:

Peace

Troy
John

Post by John »

Congratulations twinspots :!:
n00dl3
Obsessed!!

Post by n00dl3 »

congrats... can you tell us your method of spawning your zebras? I think it would be helpful for others on this forum. thanks
discusbabe
Obsessed!!

Post by discusbabe »

Fantastic news! Congratulations and all the best for the new babies! :D