help plzzz(new owner)

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

civicr
Obsessed!!

help plzzz(new owner)

Post by civicr »

hello im ryan,im a new owner of 4 baby zebs about 10-14months old i own plecs as it is but i have my new zebs away from them i belive that zebs hav diffrent needs to other plecs, i just want my babys to grow and survive ,what are the best ways to introduce them to my new tank,whats zebs fav food? my ph is 6.4 an water temp is 82,this tank is a coumminty tank running over 8months and every thing is fine also my guppys have alot of young babbies all thriving thanks for any help

ryan

also do they prefer slate or bog wood all my zebs are on the bog wood hiding i havent seen them much past 2days
dave
Obsessed!!

Hi

Post by dave »

What else is in the community tank?

Dave
civicr
Obsessed!!

zebs

Post by civicr »

there is a few corrys,4ammo shrip guppys an platys ,and 8neons,this is only a tempory home for my zebs still awaiting the arrival of my new rena tank..!120x40x55
i had to buy the zebs when they were for sale as i dnt see many for sale up my neck of the woods,they look all in gd condition and fat,they do show a slight redish thru there body tho it must be stress
John

Post by John »

I would turn the heat up to 85.
Get some caves or create other stone or slate hiding places.
The other fish are no problem for a short period, just make sure the zebs get enough food.
I would not try to grow them out in such a big aquarium as you ordered.
They might have a problem finding food, or you have to overfeed and this comes with waterqualityproblems.
Try to set up a 60x30x30 for those 4 to grow them out.
This way you get a better control over feeding and is easier to clean leftovers.
civicr
Obsessed!!

zebs

Post by civicr »

ok thanks,i have slate left over from from making a few slate caves will i just boil them b4 putting them back into my tank?also my new tank was orderd b4 i had planned on geting zebs either way i could leave the zebs were they are an transfer over my commuinty tank or just add a few other kinds of fish into possibly there new home?

what are good zeb tank mates? i think my community tank has too many greedy fish in it lol but i hav been puting alot of food in there in the short term so there is plenty for the zebs
chanettt
Obsessed!!

Post by chanettt »

i think if you are going to breed, zebras shouldn't live with any tankmate.
dave
Obsessed!!

Hi

Post by dave »

No tank mates, especially those that live on the bottom.

No need for a PH of 6.4.

Also require some current.

There is no definative way to keep this fish, we all have our own ideas, and pressing the search button will give you a lot of ideas.

Dave