my 1st zebs

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

civicr
Obsessed!!

my 1st zebs

Post by civicr »

im the new proud owner of 4 lovely baby zebs about 12-14 months old just got them today never owned a zeb b4 any tips or help would be great thanks ryan
andrewcoxon
Mentally Certified!

Post by andrewcoxon »

hi mate,

Congratz! :D

please fill your location in, in your profile.

zebras like a good fast flow, with pleanty oxygen in the water (so you might want to add and air stone).

they also like the water nice and warm so i keep my tank at 86 degrees with a ph of 6.9.

provide lots of hiding places for them and good quality food (i use tetra prima with a mix of frozen blood worm and sometimes home made food)

apart from that just make sure the water is in good shape with regular water changes and enjoy watchingn them grow!
My Pleco's:
4 x L46
5 x L174
5 x L134
5 x L287
5 x L257
2 x L236
civicr
Obsessed!!

zebs

Post by civicr »

hey not to worry ill go fill some details out!!

the food u mention i already use that so thats gd,also already hav a air stone in the tank probly a bubble bar bout 3inch long also my tank is about 80 at the min mite put it up a wee bit over the nxt few days!! yeh the guy i bought them from is a member of this site he lives in inverness top guy helped my out advised aswell .i cnt wait to watch them mature
andrewcoxon
Mentally Certified!

Post by andrewcoxon »

cool.

hamish sold me my first zebs too, top guy! your little un's are probably bothers and sisters to my 2 little ones!! they are about the same age :lol:

sounds like youv got everything under control, dont get me wrong 80 degrees will suit them fine but if its a little bit warmer they tend to eat more and grow a little faster.

anyway the main thing is enjoy them! :D
My Pleco's:
4 x L46
5 x L174
5 x L134
5 x L287
5 x L257
2 x L236