The rouge tank

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

here we go... PH is now less than 5.

The other parameters stay the same.
DANthirty
Obsessed!!

Post by DANthirty »

nice one thanks McEve that back to nature backdrops look out off this world they look realy realistic seeing them makes me wanna set up another tank just so i can use one off them . realy impressed with them .
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

DANthirty wrote:that back to nature backdrops look out off this world they look realy realistic
They are gorgeous :D When you touch the part that is a root, it actually feels like wood! It's the closest you get to real :)

I have one for sale if there's any takers
DANthirty
Obsessed!!

Post by DANthirty »

Hi Mc Eve how much and how big have you got any pics i am very interested.
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

Adam wrote: Do you do any private work? I could definately do with some help in the interior design department.
If I ever get to London again I might take you up on that :lol: I don't think I'll give up my day job just yet :P

I find most of the job is done by choosing the right background. It doesn't have to be a ready made one though, I have floor tiles in the Zebra tank, and people actually comment the most on how they like that.

Then lots of plants, even though it won't look like there is when first set up, (and it isn't in the tank below, due to the Snowballs plant eating habit) got to leave room for growth, and lots of stones and drift wood. Don't go stingy on the stones, I found adding a stone or three often makes it better.

I also like drift wood that sticks up in the "air", it doesn't have to lie on the ground....

Here's the snowballs tank...

That was the first setup, since then I added a couple more rocks and the plants have grown, except for the one on top of the drift wood, which has been nibbled on by the snowballs, even though that plant *should* be snowball safe :P :

It's grossly overstocked now as most of my catfish are in this one while waiting for the rouge 250 litre to start behaving.
DANthirty
Obsessed!!

Post by DANthirty »

hey McEve is that the picture off the backdrop that you are selling
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

No :) I sent you a PM about that one.
zeberdy
Obsessed!!

Post by zeberdy »

Great set up! It looks very natural and the background rounds it off a treat.
Cascudo
Obsessed!!

Post by Cascudo »

I must say that you really have a way of setting up tanks. Congratulations!

I must get myself one of these digital camera's. I want to show of too!

It would be nice if we had in the future a dedicated place to post pictures of our tanks.
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

Cascudo wrote:
It would be nice if we had in the future a dedicated place to post pictures of our tanks.
I agree! One can learn a lot from other peoples setup, so that would be great.

Get hold of a digi cam now and show us your setup, I'd love to see it! :D
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

This is what the tank look like now. Some plants have died, but others have grown - yet other ones have been cut back, but are growing again.

I had a period of algae problems, but that seem to be a thing of the past now. I only need to get rid of a slight haze in the tank and it will look ok.... at leat it's fairly healthy now!

Don't know where that comes from though, haven't got it in any of the other tanks....

Anyways, here it is:

Adam

Post by Adam »

It looks even better now McEve, nice and mature.

Remind me of when you said you were coming to London to sort my tanks out? :lol:
Last edited by Adam on Fri Dec 03, 2004 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

Thanks Adam :D

I remember :lol: