how to keep zabra alive if you have to travel for 15 days

If it's about fish in general, or it's a little bit random, then this is the place to post it.
chanettt
Obsessed!!

how to keep zabra alive if you have to travel for 15 days

Post by chanettt »

is there any way to keep them survive without any food for 15 days? i guess i have to be away next year but i cannot figure it out. better prepare before it's too late. any suggestion? 2 inches fry.
Barbie

Post by Barbie »

They make automatic feeders, but honestly, the fish would survive 2 weeks with no food and you wouldn't be risking having a water quality issue. I think I'd be tempted to contact a maintenance service and have them check in at least once or twice while you're gone to make sure the filters and what not are still working, if it was me.

Barbie
[url=http://www.plecos.com][img]http://plecos.com/plecosbanner.gif[/img][/url]
chanettt
Obsessed!!

Post by chanettt »

thank you barbie for an advice. actually i am more worry about the tetra and other little fish as they are not as tough as zebra. for the maintenace service, there is none of that here in thailand and would be very risky to let some strengers get into the house with many value things when i am away. however, i am happy to hear that zebra do survive 2 weeks with no food because that is the most important thing i concern. may be have to buy that auto-feeder for the little tetra.

chanettt
crazie.eddie
Obsessed!!

Post by crazie.eddie »

Any relatives that might help you? How about a good friend or neighbor?

I was thinking, get your zebra used to eating shrimp pellets and maybe hikari carnivore pellets. Then get an auto feeder to feed them every once a week. Fish can survive a week or 2 without food. Add another filter with carbon media to help keep the water clean.