Caves

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

Briesje
Groupie

Caves

Post by Briesje »

Hi folks

I want to buy 5 zeb caves...

I saw this post at aquabid : http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auction/ ... 1156691655

Are they good for zebs? I hope so, becoz I want to buy them if they are...
Keep on smiling... you never know who'll fall in love with your smile...
chanettt
Obsessed!!

Post by chanettt »

i bought 2 caves from the same guy you mention a few days ago. the shipping is great and fast but still have to wait and see wether the zebra will like them or not. i had put the caves into my tank for 2 days already but the zebra prefer to live under the wood than moving into the cave. as i post the pic in gender section and everyone confirm that i got a male. is that mean he doesn't like the cave or because he is still young? (2 iches already)
Briesje
Groupie

Post by Briesje »

I think it's becoz he's still a youngster... One of my younger males also doesn't enter the caves...

They look like good caves to me :) I also have some other caves (3 orange, round ones), so they can choose what they want...
Keep on smiling... you never know who'll fall in love with your smile...
Pete
Obsessed!!

Post by Pete »

I got 10 caves from that seller. Very good caves, very easy guy to deal with, and stunningly fast shipping.

Within a few days of the caves arriving, a pair of my albino bristlenose had used one to spawn :)

I think that guy is a member of ZP.
It's not an illusion, it just looks like one.
n00dl3
Obsessed!!

Post by n00dl3 »

Pete wrote:I got 10 caves from that seller. Very good caves, very easy guy to deal with, and stunningly fast shipping.

Within a few days of the caves arriving, a pair of my albino bristlenose had used one to spawn :)

I think that guy is a member of ZP.
I brought a few caves from him too.. really nice caves and excellent service. So far my juveniles zebs love it... alwayz use it to hide in there... i would recommend it...
lrry93
Obsessed!!

Post by lrry93 »

I guess I just dont understand? Why dont you guys buy tile cutters and make these on your own? I did and could turn out 20+ easily in a day if I wanted to.
Pete
Obsessed!!

Post by Pete »

Because a decent blade to cut a decent thickness of slate would be a decent percentage of the cost of just buying 'em. I added the value of my own time and decided it was better overall to pay someone else.
It's not an illusion, it just looks like one.
n00dl3
Obsessed!!

Post by n00dl3 »

Pete wrote:Because a decent blade to cut a decent thickness of slate would be a decent percentage of the cost of just buying 'em. I added the value of my own time and decided it was better overall to pay someone else.
Pete do have a point... your initial setup + time will cost you more than just simply buying 5 caves + shipping. Now unless you plan on reselling then you might make some money. But overall buying 5 caves is cheaper than making 5 nice looking caves of your own.
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

lrry93 wrote:I guess I just dont understand? Why dont you guys buy tile cutters and make these on your own?
Beacuse not everybody wants to buy a tile cutter, and might not be a handyman either?

Why do you buy fast food instead of cooking that hamburger yourself ;)

(this doesn't taste like McDonalds.... :? )

:wink: