New Zebras

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

aquaclown

New Zebras

Post by aquaclown »

Hello,

Sunday I was able to purchase 7 Zebra's of about 5-6 cm. They are in my 400 litre aquarium for 4 days and have a lot of caves and wood and plants in the aquarium but the all crawl together under the small opening under the filter and haven't got out once, even at night. When I feed them bloodworms at lights out they do not even touch them. Is this normal behaviour for new Zebra's?? When do I have to start worriing?
Jojoyojimbi
Obsessed!!

Post by Jojoyojimbi »

sounds like something's wrong with the tank, what are the readings?

what tankmates do they have?

just send them to me ;)
chanettt
Obsessed!!

Post by chanettt »

please check your water and also the temperature of the tank. are they turns to be pink? anyway hope that they are fine and can adjust as soon as possible. by the way where are your location?
aquaclown

Post by aquaclown »

The parameters seem alright, no2=0, no3= 0, po3=0.5 (a bit high maybe), the temperature = 29° and they don't turn pink.
I am from Belgium
madmoroccan
Obsessed!!

Post by madmoroccan »

Hi,

Congrats on getting your L046, my only advice is that you need to give them time to adjust. And dont forget to remove uneaten Bw... Try again tonight. :wink:
[img]http://www.geocities.com/madmoroccan/zebcam.jpg[/img]
n00dl3
Obsessed!!

Post by n00dl3 »

they are prolly just stress out and need a few days to acclimate to the new aquarium. Just make sure you have a small amount of food in the tank everynight. I have 5 fry zebs myself and I never see them eat but I alwayz have food in the tank. They seem to doing great and growing. You could try different food like baby brine shrimp or diaphia or some sinking pellet food. Zebras can go at least 7 days without eating so no need to worry at the moment. Hope this help. Good luck!