Blue-Eyed Panaque

If you are a private seller, then why not give this a shot? It's free and might even have some of those zebra thingies! You can also post requests for exchanging or loaning fish. Please refrain from posting opinions or irrelevancies in this section.

Zebrapleco.com can not take ANY responsibility for items advertised or sold in this section as they are free classifieds. Members not following the Forum Rules however will have their Posts deleted.

PlecoDamo
Groupie

Blue-Eyed Panaque

Post by PlecoDamo »

A good friend of mine owns a adult Blue-Eyed Panaque. How much is it worth and is there anyone interested in buying it?
Barbie

Post by Barbie »

There is a huge demand for the fish. You'd be our hero if you would take pictures of it and attempt to match it up with someone that has the opposite sex and the idea of breeding the silly buggers! If you were in the US I'd be calling a friend of mine right now as he has a very nice one he's looking for a mate for. I know there must also be people in the UK in the same predicament though!

Barbie
[url=http://www.plecos.com][img]http://plecos.com/plecosbanner.gif[/img][/url]
PlecoDamo
Groupie

Post by PlecoDamo »

He would be willing to breed them but how do i sex them, is it the same as the zebra plec?

thanks for your reply

:D
discusbabe
Obsessed!!

Post by discusbabe »

I have no idea how to sex this beauty but I know of one person who has a 19 year old and I know there is a shop in Leicester who has one that is probably close to 10 years old also! :shock:
Shimmy
Groupie

Post by Shimmy »

Pity I didnt know about this fish 12 months ago I was prepared to trade twelve zebras for a 8 inche blue eyed plec.

I have recently had an offer of £1,000 turned down for one.

How big is this fish, do you know how old?

As barbie said pictures would be great
PlecoDamo
Groupie

Post by PlecoDamo »

i can get pics no problem. Are you interested in purchasing one of these panaques then? ill have to measure it but i think it may be about 8 inches.
zebra_man
Groupie

Post by zebra_man »

I would be interested in some fry!
PlecoDamo
Groupie

Post by PlecoDamo »

So would I but with only one of the panaques i dont think this is likely at the min. lol :)
madmoroccan
Obsessed!!

Post by madmoroccan »

How does somebody justify spending 1000 pounds on a fish? My partner would leave me! :lol:

hmmmm... :shock: Am off to Leicester for a couple of hours.

Let us know what comes of this. I watch in disbelief but also in total awe! I think it would be a ZP first if you posted photos.

(I am aware of the forum rules, this is light hearted.)
[img]http://www.geocities.com/madmoroccan/zebcam.jpg[/img]
AndyAps.com
Obsessed!!

Post by AndyAps.com »

when i picked up my zebra plecos from germany we visited a local pleco breeder and he had a 6 inch blue eyed panaque. i asked to buy it but he told me it was already sold. apparently it wasnt that unusual for him to get them on his orders but every one he recieved was bought and shipped to asia for tripple the price anyone in germany would pay. i offered him £1000 and he laughed, shook my hand and told me he would sell but only if the people from asia didnt want it.......seemed like he just didnt want to upset/loose his customer.
I speak with the guy on a weekly basis by email and he is prepared to ship me one when he gets one the asians bypass.
Absolutley stunning fish.
I also watch in awe and interest
success is a journey full of unbelievable experiance NOT a destination with an unbelievable experiance.
PlecoDamo
Groupie

Post by PlecoDamo »

Interesting. My friend has decided to sell the fish for financial reasons so if you are interested check that post out, which has pictures as well. I measured this one and it is 7/8 inches.