With right offer - I may sell my Colony locally near Seattle

If you are a private seller, then why not give this a shot? It's free and might even have some of those zebra thingies! You can also post requests for exchanging or loaning fish. Please refrain from posting opinions or irrelevancies in this section.

Zebrapleco.com can not take ANY responsibility for items advertised or sold in this section as they are free classifieds. Members not following the Forum Rules however will have their Posts deleted.

LyreTail
Obsessed!!

With right offer - I may sell my Colony locally near Seattle

Post by LyreTail »

I am thinking seriously about selling my colony of 5 zebra Plecos locally in Western Washington State USA just north of Seattle. Entire setup includes 40 gal long "river tank" and several custom slate caves that I hand made.

I would prefer to sell to someone with a breeding population already in place. ( if you could provide some evidence that your are serious, I would take a lower offer than what I have in mind) I believe I have 4 females and 1 male fish, which should make these even more valuable since people say females are harder to get.
The fish are all very mature being over 5 years old and were all wild caught. This should make them near optimal breeding age, but I have not been able to get them to spawn, possibly because I have too many other tanks and breeding programs and do not have the time to trigger them properly.

Serious offers will be considered - PM me if you are interested - Complete setup is available for viewing and pictures can be provided

In a couple of weeks, I will probably put an offer on Aqua bid as well. I thought I would offer it here first and see if I could get a fair price to somebody that is trying to breed them.
lrry93
Obsessed!!

Post by lrry93 »

PM sent
LyreTail
Obsessed!!

Post by LyreTail »

Wow - I got several offers already.
(One of which, I would feel too guilty at taking). :shock:
Thanks for the interest and I will postpone any decision for at least the next week. Everyone that has made an offer or expressed interest so far is not within driving distance from me.
I am an experienced shipper, but frankly I would feel better if they were taken locally only because they have been my Friends for so long and I would hate for them to go through shipping stress.

I will consider shipping if I can not find any breeders locally.

I'll keep the PM's and emails and not delete them. I'll keep everyone updated

I believe I still have pictures of my fish on my website, but it is not working tonight so I can not post a link. I think they are in the catfish album
24/7

Zebra

Post by 24/7 »

Hello I'm very close to you , I'm in Cloverdale BC , just five minutes from the 176street crosssing into washington. Did you find a good home locally for your Zebs?

I'm a hobbiest not looking for a quick buy and sell like most, purely for my enjoyment, and to start a coleny, to continue the growth of these great plecos .
On the link you posted a few pictures dated 2003, showing a male at the cave did you have any successful breedings ???

Thank you

John
Sorry i should ask what you wanting for the set up ? You can send me a PM to keep it private if youd like Smile Very Happy
LyreTail
Obsessed!!

Post by LyreTail »

I did sell the Zebras to somebody that really was persistant and was also a former customer of my Zebra caves. Sorry everyone else including those I did not answer emails. I had a lot of emails over this and do not really have the time to reply to everyone

Curtis
lrry93
Obsessed!!

Post by lrry93 »

well who got them? I would have bugged you more if I knew it would have worked.
NetsuaiAngel
Obsessed!!

Post by NetsuaiAngel »

I'm glad you found a good home for them Curtis.

Your caves are still awesome and I wish the best for you!

- Angela