L-015 Plecos

If you've got a breeding project on at the moment, (preferably fish related), let us know and you might even get added to the spawn list..whe....hey!

Richard
Forum Follower

L-015 Plecos

Post by Richard »

Im tryin to breed L-015 candy stripe pleco in a 25 gallon tank, i cant afford to have zebras dieing on me so im gona have a go with L-015s first. There a similar size (little bigger) and from the same river system so I thought theyed make a good fish to buid some experience on. Slight problem being im preaty sure their both femail and none of the locals have any more. :? Never mind, i can studdy them fighting eachother fornow...and fighting the nice peacfull bristlle nose which actually bothers to clean the glass...and bullying the silver sharks...ect. :x
Last edited by Richard on Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Richard
Forum Follower

Post by Richard »

Could somone help me to sex these please? Im also concerned by the colour of the one on the Left. Is this just normal colour change?

http://www.zebrapleco.com/forum/album_pic.php?pic_id=91

Does anyone else have these fish?

Thanks, Richard.
ivanpantz

Post by ivanpantz »

Hello.

I had a L15 for about a year or something. I gave it 3 weeks ago to a friend of mine.

I believe that the color is normal, specially if the fish is stressed.

My opinion is that you have 2 females. In pekoltia the males have well-pronunciated odontes in the back half of their body/tail.

http://www.planetcatfish.com/images/ful ... tata/8.jpg (when the error message appears, select the adress and press enter, then the picture will be displayed).

Hope I have helped.
My regards
Luís Fortunato
www.one.org
Richard
Forum Follower

Post by Richard »

Ok thanks for that link, thats a good picture very helpful :P

Im gona try and get a male then, its probaly asking for a disaster but, if i can find one i'll give it a chance.

Richard