Please help...People who have bred ABNs

If it's about fish in general, or it's a little bit random, then this is the place to post it.
gringa_54
Forum Follower

Please help...People who have bred ABNs

Post by gringa_54 »

Hey

Okay so I have a male ABN...he's pretty much full grown, and I have aquired a small 2-2.5 inch what I think is a femalr Common britsle nose. Is she too small to tell what sex she is going to be actually or am I safe in saying that it is a female and that she needs to get a little bigger before I can tell? Also will these two breed or am I going to have to start looking for a ABN female?
dave
Obsessed!!

Hi

Post by dave »

Male Albino Ancistrus would have some bristles by now, so just be patient, they should be breeding fairly soon.

Dave
gringa_54
Forum Follower

Post by gringa_54 »

yes the male is has his bristles which are very nicely showing, but I was talking about the small BN...how big do they get before it's safe to say that they will start breeding?

my male is already 4inches...this little girl is about 2-2.5inches
nightowl1350
Groupie

Post by nightowl1350 »

At about 2 1/2" you should see bristles if it is a male...if not it will likely start to breed soon. Not all common BN will breed together. I have extra long fin male albino BN and have tried for about 6 months to get them to spawn with a common female (her sisters are spawing with my brown common male) but have had no luck.

You will just have to wait and give them a nice cozy little cave, turn the lights down low and put on some mood music.

Good luck