Having Some Problems With Imer...

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

andrewcoxon
Mentally Certified!

Having Some Problems With Imer...

Post by andrewcoxon »

i made a deal with a guy who i think/hope some of you have dealt with before called Oezay Imer from germany. i agreed to buy a female zebra from him so he placed it on aquabid and sent me the link and i bought it and paid via paypal. once id paid for it i didnt hear anything from him for over 2 weeks despite sending him e-mails....which as you can imagine worried me and frankly pi**ed me off!

then i got an e-mail saying he'd been on holiday and thats why he didnt reply (although i would of thought he should of told me this earlier) i said to him i didnt like the way he was dealing and could i have my money back? to which he replied NO. i argued with him saying this wasnt the way to do business (espiecially when large sums of money is exchanging hands) but he said he was sending the fish regardless and if i didnt collect her then she would die and i wouldnt get my money back.

at this point i opened a dispute with paypal and tried to get a refund (which is still under investigation) he then said if i cancelled my complaint he would refund me but using his bank not paypal (which sounded dodgey to me) so i asked paypal and they said dont cancel it until you'v recieved either your goods or your refund so i didnt. as part of the paypal dispute he has to provide them with tracking info to proove that something has been sent to me. it was at this point i recieved a letter from good old imer (sent regestered post! so he had tracking info) saying he was sending the fish to his friend in newcastle and if i didnt collect her from him i would loose my fish and my money.

i argued some more but decided to give in and asked for the fish (as im so desperate for a female) but now iv e-mailed him several times asking about my fish or for a contact details for his "friend" in newcastle and he appears to be ignoring me. the paypal dispute is still on going but its been nearly a month now so i dont know what to do? all i want is my fish or my money.

so basically i want to know if anyone has dealt with this guy before and if anyones had any e-mails from him recently as that way il know if he's ingoring me or if he's just not checking his mail. allthough he does have some fish for sale on aqua bid as i speak so im sick to say that it might be that he's just ripping me off.

please help!!

andrew
My Pleco's:
4 x L46
5 x L174
5 x L134
5 x L287
5 x L257
2 x L236
zebrastorey
Obsessed!!

Post by zebrastorey »

I emailed him 3 days ago about buying a female zebra and i have had no reply so i don't think its just you he is ignoring. I know ceasar has dealt with him successfully and i think a few others on this site have as well.
Sorry to hear about you trouble Andrew :( hope it gets sorted out soon.
twinspots_goby
Obsessed!!

Post by twinspots_goby »

I'm currenly dealing with him off auction, and the fish is supposed to come here on Saturday. I'll see what's going to happen. But it seems like that his english is not very good and I guess we need more patient when deal with him. He replies me well each time I ask him something. I'm sorry to hear from you. let us know if there is something new, and I hope you will get your fish somehow.
L46 x 24 adults + 60 fries
lrry93
Obsessed!!

Post by lrry93 »

I also e-mailed him about buying 10 fish and he never repliedto me. He seems pretty shady. He has all those auctions and no feedback???
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

A search for imer will return several threads about this individual
Miezekatze
Obsessed!!

Post by Miezekatze »

hi

sorry to say, but it is your own fault !! imer is well known in the german L-46 "scene".. he has a lot of different nicks for example "goldwels" and sells h. zebra for enormous prices to the usa. he also tried to dublicate www.l-46.de to www.l-46.com if i remember correct...

read all the threads about him in german and english boards...

its your decision if you buy from this guy with such a damaged reputation..
Kind Regards
Christian

http://www.APSnet.de
Plastic Mac
Mentally Certified!

Post by Plastic Mac »

I've dealt with him and it was perfect service.

From what I can tell, he was wrong not to inform you that he was going on holiday...that is fair enough, when you send someone what is a large sum of money on faith you at least exppect to be kept in the loop.
However after that point in your post, it sounds to me like it's just a lack of trust and a general pi**ed off attitude with each other.

If I had to guess I would reckon the female is as previously mentioned Caesars (although it's not Newcastle unless she has moved?). I bought mine in a shipment with Caesars and they all arrived safe, sound and as described. I could not fault the service in anyway.
Caesars is a lovely lady who has had many conversations with Imer and from my discussions with her she trusts him completely.

I have also heard from Caesars why there is such bad feeling about Imer in Germany, which although I cannot prove or disprove I do think would and could be a vaild explanation. I'm not prepared to give the story on here as I don't believe it will benefit the forum in any way but if you wish to pm me I'll give you the basic outline. Sorry, I'm terrible for remembering details. :D

The only other thing which I can say in his defence is...and I think this is a big thing in his favour, was he said I could pay once I got both fish. I only paid him once the fish where in my tank at home...now this was partly due to me having had a long pm'ing converstaion with Caesars first so she could act as a reference to my honesty. The point is he took the risk, not me. I could of easily not bothered to pay him and there was nothing he could have done .I don't think those are the actions of a con merchant.
(I did pay him :D)

Anyway, send me a pm if you want me to try and email him.

Cheers
Plastic Mac
andrewcoxon
Mentally Certified!

Post by andrewcoxon »

well finally got a reply today! saying "On Sunday you can your fish collect from Mr Adam Ward in New Castle" which is good news i hope. so iv e-mailed him back asking for some contact details and an address for this adam guy. hopefully it will work out but im still very very nervous!

if you could pm me plastic that would be great!

thanks guys!

andy
My Pleco's:
4 x L46
5 x L174
5 x L134
5 x L287
5 x L257
2 x L236
andrewcoxon
Mentally Certified!

Post by andrewcoxon »

sunday has arrived and almost gone and i havent heard anything from imer. iv sent him 4 emails over the past 5 days and heard nothing....

fingers crossed... but i really hope this guy hasnt ripped me off..!! :x
My Pleco's:
4 x L46
5 x L174
5 x L134
5 x L287
5 x L257
2 x L236
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

is there an Adam Ward in Newcastle? checked the phone book so forth?
andrewcoxon
Mentally Certified!

Post by andrewcoxon »

good idea. il have a look but alot of ppl are not allways in the phone book... like my phone number is private. but its worth a go..!
My Pleco's:
4 x L46
5 x L174
5 x L134
5 x L287
5 x L257
2 x L236
Rob
Hypan-guru!

Post by Rob »

Try these.

I will also contact Imer and find out what the problem is.

http://www.thephonebook.bt.com/publisha ... =newcastle
The perfect white lie..."Of course I didn't pay that much for the fish honey"
andrewcoxon
Mentally Certified!

Post by andrewcoxon »

cheers rob.

very much appreciated!
My Pleco's:
4 x L46
5 x L174
5 x L134
5 x L287
5 x L257
2 x L236
twinspots_goby
Obsessed!!

Post by twinspots_goby »

I just received 4 adult zebras from Imer. All fish arrived with excellent condition and they are huge! The male I got is 4inch. Never seen a big one like that. I'm sure that he has a big collection of L46. He returns my e-mail consistantly and I have talked to Imer over phone. He seems very nice to work with. From my experience, I can tell that his english is not good. We need more trust and patience when dealing with him.
L46 x 24 adults + 60 fries