New L046

We all know how difficult it is to identify the sex of these fish, so please post a picture in here and we'll try to help you (or at least give an educated guess!).
Briesje
Groupie

New L046

Post by Briesje »

Hi folks

Today I had my lucky day...

There is a store at the other side from the country that did have some L046...

The son of the store gave me the two fishes, but his mother was making the bill... She thought there was only 1 fish... First I didn't see it and I paid €199... Once I was outside I noticed I only paid for 1 fish... Maybe it's not that polite :oops: , but my friends who were with me convinced me that I shouldn't go back inthere... It's her fault... She should pay attention when she sells... So I have 2 zebs for the price of 1 zeb... Lucky me :)

Some pictures... (I hope there is a female... I think the biggest one is a female...)

the biggest one : 6,5 cm (female???)

the little one 5,5 cm

Keep on smiling... you never know who'll fall in love with your smile...
thebuddy
Obsessed!!

Post by thebuddy »

Mate ye need to be honest with her and go back and pay for the second fish she probly paid alot to get those fish in the first place. for a small LFS this could put them in financial struggle I know my fish store only gets about 6 people a day in there.
Thebuddy is planning his tank
Briesje
Groupie

Post by Briesje »

I called them up.... And explained what happened... (actually, I didn't feel good once I got home)

It was the storekeeper... (the husband of the lady that made a mistake)

He was really nice and said that he's glad that I'm honest about the mistake... I told him I came from the other side of the country to pick them up... He said : no problem boy... We will let it be... It's nice, but you paid, my wife made a mistake... It can happen... (It's a very big store, so they sell a lot... When I was there this morning, there were about 30 persons)...
I said: "Are you sure? " He said: "No problem, really, you're honest about it and we still have a lot to sell and to make money with!" He really was joking a lot... Nice people... I told him I surely will go back but that I'll look at the bill if they didn't make a mistake again... He laughed and said : Bye...

Isn't that wonderfull???? I'm really happy now... What a nice day...

I also noticed that they don't know much about the zebs... First they didn't know in which tank they were swimming... They were also in hard water... But I'm feeling very good with the newbies...

BACK ON TOPIC: Anyone seeing if there is a female?
Plastic Mac
Mentally Certified!

Post by Plastic Mac »

If I had to say, and i'm often wrong btw, the first looks like a possible female and the second a male. :D
inia
Groupie

Post by inia »

The first one looks like a snubnose to me...
Briesje
Groupie

Post by Briesje »

Humm didn't notice that... As far as I can see she / he doesn't have snubnose... Other people also thinking that?? She looks fine when I see pictures of snubnoses...
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

it doesn't look like a snubnose to me, and yes, I think it looks like a female.

Second one I can't venture a guess, sorry.

But, as always - I've been wrong before :roll: