Supply and Demand

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

geostomp

Supply and Demand

Post by geostomp »

I was talking with my local wholesaler about wich fish he would be interested in getting from a local breeder. I mentioned the L46 and he said he had 50 of them recently and they sold like hot cakes. I can supply angels with ease but was wondering why there hasn't been a great supply oif these to meet this high demand. He sa8d that if it could be done people would be doing it but since they are not then it must be to hard or unprofitable. I am not experienced with L46 breeding but find it to be the very best pleco in looks and the small size is also a desirable trate ( considering the size of the common pleco in one of my growouts!) Would it be possible to have 10 pairs of fish kicking out clutches every month or so? How long does it take to get them to a sellable size? I have my sites set on this fish but would like to hear from you, the zebra community, as to what to expect and to provide a measure of the legitamacy of any forseeable success. Thaanks, Angeliscuslab
Mindy
Mentally Certified!

Post by Mindy »

It takes a couple years to get them to a saleable size. So if you're looking for a quick profit, the zebra probably is not the way to go.
thebuddy
Obsessed!!

Post by thebuddy »

Along with only having 15 averge eggs at a time. Not mentioning only one male in the tank will breed (dominate male)
Thebuddy is planning his tank